cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data.

Hevychevy1967
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for the $35 a month 50 gig subscription. But my data is way too slow.

4 REPLIES 4

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wayworn @you can connect to any network on any plan, having a 4G plan just means the speed on that network is limited based on your plan.  It is actually can be a bit confusing that they call term 4G or 5G speed plans.  

Wayworn

@Hevychevy1967 wrote:

I paid for the $35 a month 50 gig subscription. But my data is way too slow.

It all depends on how close you are to a tower and where you are  . When I'm at my local Canadian Tire I get snail pace reception but as soon as I'm out in the parking lot the reception increases dramatically.  Also  I have a 4G plan and to my surprise sometimes my phone shows that I'm connected to a 5G network and other times it shows LTE.  

funpig1

@Hevychevy1967 

Sometimes it takes a few days for everything in a new account to work properly.

Try resetting your network.

How is the signal in your location? If your signal is weak, 5G will not show up on your phone display. Try to find better location with 5G and stronger than -100dBm and re-test.

If it turns out that your home location is located in a weak signal area, there's probably not much that can be done. Good luck.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hevychevy1967 

Data speeds depends on many factors, including model of phone, location, cell tower.  

What speeds are  you getting?  Are you connected to which network?  5G or LTE?

Try a reboot of your phone.  Network reset of your phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

Might want to manually select different networks:  4G/LTE or 5G and see which would work better for your location.  

Might also want to check the nearest cell tower to your location:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Need Help? Let's chat.