cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow LTE speed

margaretcollins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Using LG G6 my LTE speed is 1.4 mbps at most, more often .4 mbps. My service indicates 1-2 bars. 

I am at Greenwood/Danforth in Toronto.

I tried all the recommendations listed, reseating SIM card, network reset, to no effect.

I changed mobile network settings to automatic without LTE. Running now on 4g, full signal bars, up to 10 mbps speed. 

14 REPLIES 14

cloud2317
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I notice the same thing on my Iphone11. I can barely get a short message using Messenger to send....Now that they are offering faster speed starting with the new $41 plan, it almost feels they are deliberately slowing it down so you have to upgrade.

margaretcollins

Yes, set it to WDCMA only and all is fine. I mainly rely on home internet so not sure latency matters to me. I was more concerned with 1 bar of signal. Now I have 5.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I’ve noticed a considerable drop in service quality and speed this year in St. John’s (with near perfect LTE coverage). Pages barely loading , phone not dropping down to HSPA always for voice calls. The network here is going downhill. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.and maybe is will be fast...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins : So if you turn off cellular/mobile data then what little icons do you have above or beside the bars? Upper and lower case. If you turn it on then what do you have? Upper and lower case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins 

sometime when play with setting and did Rebooting your phone is will be works..

margaretcollins

Service has been active 2 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins : Are you new here? New accounts are not throttled down yet. After a few days it should come down to something near 3Mbps.

margaretcollins

Well it indicates 4g and seems to be fine now. Before it read LTE and I had very little signal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins 

Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors.

don't forgetting your device is old, and test your SIM card in another device and you will know how is big difference is...

@margaretcollins wrote:
  • Done all that. Isn't 4 g better than 3g? It works on 4g.
  •  

@margaretcollins 

Actually 4G is LTE.  With Public mobile, LTE is capped to 3G speeds (up to 3 Mbps).  However, if you select 3G network manually on your phone (not Auto or LTE), the 3G network is not capped and many customers get higher data speeds.  You do lose some of the LTE latency though.  

margaretcollins
  • Done all that. Isn't 4 g better than 3g? It works on 4g.
  •  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@margaretcollins 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

LG device allways need to factory reset, to will be good..

Need Help? Let's chat.