cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SimCard Invalid

larawash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just bought a sim card and was setting it up. I selected my plan and was going to pay and the page crashed. When I restarted and re-entered the sim card number, it said it is invalid. I don't know what to do now. Can I still use this sim card? I don't want to pay for another one. 

Thank you in advance. 

19 REPLIES 19

I second that @darlicious . Looks like the only mod on right now.

@larawash 

Wowsers....late night customer support! Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. I'm putting my money on it being Andu the moderator. Anyone else with a guess?

@larawash 

I think moderators might be contacting you soon. 

Looks like the Mod incorrectly sent a message to me 🤔🙄

@CS_Agent  (Andu) Did you make an error?

Screenshot_20201022_030442.jpg

larawash

@Jb456 

Thanks for your and @computergeek541 's help. I submitted a ticket to the @CS_Agent and hopefully the issue gets resolved because I did get charged. This has been a rough start to joining PM. 

@larawash thanks for the explanation. You'll need to reach out to the moderator's (they work for public mobile) as @computergeek541 suggested earlier. Since you have a pending charge.

Two ways to reach them.

The question mark on screenshot below is no longer displaying on the website but the icon is still there.

Simon.JPG

Or you can send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

larawash

@Jb456 

I never put in my payment info last time, the page just crashed and I couldn't use the sim card again. This time I did and there's a pending charge on my credit card so the payment must have went through even though the page said my card wasn't charged because the payment failed. 

I just tried to create a self-serve account and it said the number I signed up for wasn't valid. I tried to reset my password just in case and it said my email was invalid so I probably don't have an account.

Yes, I'm sure my phone is unlocked because I've used other prepaid phone plans and sim cards in the US and Canada. 

@larawash  according to link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/SimCard-Invalid/m-p/607373

You attempted to sign up earlier then received the invalid message. People said check your card and if not charged wait an hour and try again to activate.

Then you marked that as the solution so I will assume you marked that as the solution prior to trying to activate your account again?

And now when you went to activate. You Got up to the make a payment section and received that "unable to process transaction"??

Out of curiosity do you have an apartment or suite in your address? You have to leave that section blank. PM system is not good with apartment section.

So now I understand you have a pending charge on your card. Sometimes when the PM system has an error at the very end of activation the self serve account does not get created.

So let's try this.

What happens when you go to link below and try to create a self serve account?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Also do you have another phone lying around that you can try the sim card in?

As for your iPhone X are you certain the phone is unlocked.? They were first released in Oct 2017 before Canada mobile providers had to provide unlocked phones.

With the sim card in your iPhone X. Can you plug it into iTunes and see if iTunes pushes any updates to the phone? Possibly a carrier update or even just normal updates.

Let us know. Thanks!

@larawash wrote:

it's an iphone X and it's unlocked. It said "waiting for activation" as a pop-up but it's gone now. I can't log into my self service account- I don't think it was set up yet. It says attempt failed when I log in with the password I created in the first activation page. 

As you know, it's possible to "activate" an iPhone device with an inactive SIM card. When I say "activate", I'm referring to the actual device and not the service, the process in which Apple checks if the device is unlocked.  Do you know if the iPhone activation procedure was done over the celllular network?  If so, that would mean that at least the mobile data aspect of your Public Mobile service is working.

larawash

@Jb456 

it's an iphone X and it's unlocked. It said "waiting for activation" as a pop-up but it's gone now. I can't log into my self service account- I don't think it was set up yet. It says attempt failed when I log in with the password I created in the first activation page. 

@larawash wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks to those who helped with my sim card problem. I just tried again and when I got to the payment section, I put in my Visa credit card information and it "Unable to Process Transaction." I just checked my banking app and it said the transaction is pending. I put the sim in my phone and there's no service. Wondering what I should do now. 

Thanks in advance. 

Is this payment for an initital activation or for a plan renewal?  I do have a feeling that the transaction didn't really fail as it wouldn't show as pending by your bank if it was declined. IN 50 minutes, I would see if the activation webpage still accepts your SIM card number. If it allow you to use that same SIM card number, Public Mobile never opened an account.  If after that 50 minutes, there's an invalid SIM card message on the activation website page, that means that Public Mobile did open an account for you. You would then need to open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket to the moderators and have them fix up your account.

What is the make and model of your phone? Is it unlocked? When you put the sim card in did any messages pop up?

When you log into your self serve account. Does the status say active?

larawash

Hi again,

Thanks to those who helped with my sim card problem. I just tried again and when I got to the payment section, I put in my Visa credit card information and it "Unable to Process Transaction." I just checked my banking app and it said the transaction is pending. I put the sim in my phone and there's no service. Wondering what I should do now. 

This is for a new activation.

Thanks in advance. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@esjliv 

Ya hopefully you’re right, I just saw the page crash thing and I figured it wouldn’t let him go back and start the process again

@Helpershelper wrote:

@larawash 

I can understand your frustration with this. Since your activation application was interrupted, a moderator will have to look into it for you and resolve it. Welcome to PM.

You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info.

you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number

Hello @Helpershelper ,

I really do not think this is in need of a Moderator. This is a common occurrence that usually corrects itself after a time lapse. There is a certain time you have to complete activation, and going back in pages during this process can also create the invalid sim error.

@larawash 

Did you pass the payment section? 

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@larawash 

I can understand your frustration with this. Since your activation application was interrupted, a moderator will have to look into it for you and resolve it. Welcome to PM.

You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info.

you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@larawash 

You have to wait out the 50 min session lock out. Then you can start over.

Edit: double ninja'd!

@larawash 

For a successful error free activation follow these instructions:

• Clear your browser history and close all tabs.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode.
  • Firefox, chrome or safari work best.
  • Do not use back button
  • Enter your referral code about halfway down the first activation page
  • Do not use the apt/unit box in your credit card billing address details.
  • Add any suite # to your street address. ie 101-123 1st AVE W YOUR TOWN, PROV,
  • Do not add a space to the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  • USE ALL CAPS if necessary

Good luck and welcome to public mobile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @larawash ,

You may have timed out. You can try again in 50 mins. clear your browser, open a tab in incognito mode.

Was your credit card charged? If so, try your SIM and see if you have services.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@larawash...

no problem...try again in an hour.

Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.