cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim lost

hcira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
My son lost his phone, He can't login to his account because it try to send the verification code to his cell!

What should he do to have another sim with the same number?

6 REPLIES 6

hcira

Thank you, I sent message to CS agent

@hcira  still try the workarounds steps, those could help you to get vai EverSafe setup.  if not, message support for help

For the replacement sim, get it  from:

Once you got the sim card and can get back into My Account, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then go to Profile page, click on the Pencil besides the sim card number, follow the steps to enter the new sim card number and complete the change sim card request
(or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number  ) 

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

hcira

Thank you for your reply...
I didn't do the Eversafe subscription, so it gives me only text or voice message

hcira

Thank you for your replys...
I didn't do the eversafe subscription, so it gives me only text or voice message

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @hcira 

Try to see if your send can receive the code via email

click Resend code, see if email is an option at the next pop up screen.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hcira 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

If you have created an Eversafe id, just click Resend code and the Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.