cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issue

AandE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently bought a new phone for my son, bought a new Public Mobile SIM card for the phone, but when I go to activate the card, it says that the SIM number is invalid.

6 REPLIES 6

AandE

Am going to try PM support. I have a feeling I was sold a no good SIM.

AandE

Still does not like the number. does it matter if I am using chrome or firefox?  I have been using firefox.

@RossN wrote:

@AandE The activation server is very finicky and it is advisable not to hit the back button because the activation will fail.  you need to wait an hour for the current fail session lock to clear so you can try the activation again.

My understanding is of the 50 minute session lock no longer applying since the activation process was revamped.  The invalid SIM card message could very well mean that SIM card number has been used before as the session locked error message was more specific than the invalid SIM message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AandE   you entered the 19 digits correctly?

you can using another browser and try once more

if it still not taking the sim card, I suggest you to check with the retail where you got it from and see if they can exchange it for you.

If you got that from PM directly or if the retails refuse to exchange, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM Support, they might argree to reimburse the cost of a new sim card if you end up needing a new one (or they can also confirm the new sim card was  actually brand new never used)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

AandE

Thank you, will try again in an hour.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AandE The activation server is very finicky and it is advisable not to hit the back button because the activation will fail.  you need to wait an hour for the current fail session lock to clear so you can try the activation again.

Need Help? Let's chat.