cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after activating new SIM card

annewilliams1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just followed all the instructions to activate a SIM card, but it says No Service with the new SIM card in phone.

I transferred between Koodo to Public, and used the same phone number - now neither SIM card has service. 

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@annewilliams1 , the best way to confirm the number porting is to check the account on the Koodo end as well as Public Mobile.  The Koodo account should reflect the status that the line is closed out and the Public Mobile account should be active and show the ported number.  

@annewilliams1 wrote:

I just followed all the instructions to activate a SIM card, but it says No Service with the new SIM card in phone.

I transferred between Koodo to Public, and used the same phone number - now neither SIM card has service. 

Did your Koodo SIM card only stop working after your requested the number port to Public Mobile.  If that's the case, number porting is complete.  In any event, you should have service on your Public Mobile SIM card regardeless of number porting status.  First try restarting your phone.  If that doens't work, there's likely an issue with provisioning service to your Public Mobile SIM card.  You'll need to open a ticket to discuss this with a Public Mobile customer support agent.  A ticket can be opened through:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.