cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card doesn’t fit/PM customer support

Tfri003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM card doesn’t fit iPhone 6. . Does anyone know how to actually get ahold of Public Mobile?? The bot is useless. 

8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile SIM cards come with "triple-punch" plastic spacers which can downsize or upsize the card so it's compatible with all three standard/common SIM form factors. The plastics spacers contain no circuitry or electronic components - you can even cut the SIM card down or pad it up with cardboard shims if your handiwork is accurate enough. I've seen these spacers come with other SIM cards, I've seen them sold separately at wireless vendors and Dollar stores - though it makes no sense to pay (up to $20) for them when they're already provided "free" with a $5 or $10 SIM card.

Some iPhones are intended for foreign markets in regions which use different SIM counterparts. Deliberately designed with different physical form factors so they're incompatible with devices meant for other regions. This might be the issue if the iPhone was purchased from eBay, Alibaba, or some random craigslist traveller.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The 3 in 1 should definitely fit a iPhone 6

@Tfri003 any chance your SIM like "pre-cut" and you can carefully remove the outer "frame"?

SIM_Tricut2.png

if not, you will have to buy a new one.  I suggest you to buy it from store instead of via PM as PM takes long to deliver. 

Once you got the new SIM, login to My Account and request Change SIM card 

Tfri003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim is too big. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tfri003 

Check out this information to assist;  the iPhone 6s uses a Nano sized SIM:

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Faqs/228234208-What-size-SIM-card-does-an-iPhone-6s-use-#:~:te....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tfri003 wrote:

SIM card doesn’t fit iPhone 6s. Does anyone know how to actually get ahold of Public Mobile?? The bot is useless. 

@Tfri003  - do you have a 3-in-1 SIM card? If so, you can gently remove the outer adapter to fit inside your SIM slot.

I don't know what other slots your phone comes with, but ensure you are inserting the SIM into the proper area for the SIM.

If you have an older style SIM card that is not 3-in-1 punch out, then SIM card shops could have a SIM cutter that can cut it down to size for a smaller charge probably. OR, obtain a new sim that is 3-in-1 and swap that number with your current one on your self serve account.

esjliv_0-1633259841786.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tfri003 SIM doesn't fit or you have SIm card problem?

if you have a bigger sim  than what iPhone 6s take (nano SIM), you have to buy a new one yourself.  PM Support would not be able to assist

of course, if you have problem with the account , then yes, you can share it here and maybe we can help

if you want to engage PM Support , here are the ways:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗"

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No PM employees to assist...just us Community Forum folks. I had an iPhone 6 and the sim was fine. Whats the problem with fitment ?

Need Help? Let's chat.