cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card arrive in 7 business day but my card got charged already?!

ilovematcha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signed up for PM on May 30th and asked PM to send me the SIM card.. on the same day, PM charged my card for the 1st month fee.. but I won't be able to get my SIM card and can't activate my plan in about 7 business.. 

My question is, in this case, which date will be my plan start date? May 30 or the date I activate my SIM? And if the start day is May 30, that means I will lost more than 7 days worth of usage and value.. can PM prorate my 1st month cost??

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

ilovematcha

I see thank you!

JoniBelanger

I don't want the service after the customer service I received.
The agent asked me to continue the activation via the web. Which I told him I would not do as it is asking for payment details a second time. I am not about to throw another $40 away.

I am cutting my loses as stated as I have read about more and more negative experiences. Calls often dropped, double payments taken out etc. Without being able to speak to someone to have issues resolved, or being told "we are a prepaid service so no refunds are offered", I won't risk giving more money to this company.

@JoniBelanger wrote:

I am in a relatable situation. Selected eSIM, Public Mobile charged my card but had an error issuing the eSIM.

Now they want me to go into a store to get a physical SIM and will not cancel or refund me for a service not provided. Cannot activate a service if I don't have a SIM or eSIM. 

Terrible service. Cutting my losses after reading more and more horrible reviews. Have submitted a complaint with the CRTC, BBB and CCTS teams. Will continue to escalate and not recommend this company to anyone but the people I don't like.

CRTC will only ask you to go to the CCTS, and the BBB has no authority to do anything.  Have you asked a Public Mobile customer support agent to have a SIM card sent to you?  That is something that they can have done.

JoniBelanger

I am in a relatable situation. Selected eSIM, Public Mobile charged my card but had an error issuing the eSIM.

Now they want me to go into a store to get a physical SIM and will not cancel or refund me for a service not provided. Cannot activate a service if I don't have a SIM or eSIM. 

Terrible service. Cutting my losses after reading more and more horrible reviews. Have submitted a complaint with the CRTC, BBB and CCTS teams. Will continue to escalate and not recommend this company to anyone but the people I don't like.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ilovematcha 

Your plan start date will begin when you activate your SIM card.  Other customers have been in your situation.  Waiting up to 10 business days for SIM card to arrive.  Once it arrives, you can activate and then your 30 day cycle begins.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ilovematcha @I'm pretty sure the money just sits there as a credit until you activate the subscription. Is there any way that you can log in to your account via the website or app and check the payment page. Money should show as available funds to be applied upon renewal or start of the subscription. Good luc

Need Help? Let's chat.