cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

JoeS17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do l have to go and purchase a Sim card before l join Public Mobile?

11 REPLIES 11

JoeS17

Thanks for your help. Not the easiest site to navigate so l appreciate the detailed answer.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @JoeS17, PM is not for everyone because of the fact that you cannot speak to a live agent on the phone like with other companies but if you are pretty tech savvy or not afraid to visit the PM community and use the chat system for online support it's actually not bad at all. For me personally, I don't mind it plus I haven't had to use it very much (thankfully). The trade off of not having live agents on the phone is you get super competitive pricing plus the Public points system: 1 point = $1 so you get 10 points each year on your anniversary, 1 point each month that your friend referral stays on with PM and 5% back in points on what you pay on your bill, so after you have 15 points you can trade them in for $15 off your bill.

@JoeS17 

PM support is all online.  Contacting support agent is via ticket

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

JoeS17

Ok, next question. How do l get in touch with a Support Agent. I just joined and am trying to learn all this before actually joining PM. I have until July 18 to get this done as l'm switching over from Virgin Plus, but am finding this online only support a little frustrating. 

@Neil11 wrote:

Your best is buying bet is buying a physical sim card from a koodo/telus store or a mobile klinic store. Then contact CS_AGENT and they will credit you the cost of the sim $11.30 (10+tax).

I can't emphasize this enough:  Customers must contact a customer support agent BEFORE purchasing a SIM card at a store.  These types of exceptions made by customer support agents for customers are done on a case by case basis and there is no guarantee that a customer support agent will agree to issue a credit for the cost of the SIM card.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your best is buying bet is buying a physical sim card from a koodo/telus store or a mobile klinic store. Then contact CS_AGENT and they will credit you the cost of the sim $11.30 (10+tax).

JoeS17

Great, thank you.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JoeS17, you can join PM before having the SIM card but your plan subscription won't begin until you activate either a physical SIM or a eSIM. If your phone is eSIM compatible you can download it through the PM app and will have it pretty much right away, so you don't have to wait for a physical SIM to arrive or leave the house to get one. If your phone is not eSIM compatible you can order a SIM on Amazon or go to a TELUS/Koodo and Mobile Klinik location in person

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@JoeS17 

if you decide to go with a physical sim, better to get it first

you can get a Public Mobile sim card from Telus or Koodo store, or you can also order from Amazon (and cheaper to order there too)

I won't suggest you to order via PM site, the delivery could be 3 days to 3 weeks

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JoeS17 

you need a sim card unless you use esim

you can activate an account first and ask PM to send you one, but it could take long

Need Help? Let's chat.