cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Issues

anyae1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my name is Anya.

This is now the FIFTH time I've reached out to Public Mobile customer service community for assistance with my sim card. Due to the public mobile community website update, I'm unable to log into the account I originally used to ask for help. This is incredibly frustrating as I have had no progress with getting my issue fixed. 

My sim card is not able to be read by my new device (iPhone 13 Pro Max), however it is able to be read and used on my old device (iPhone XR). I have tried updating my phone and resetting my network settings (which were both things the customer support team at Public Mobile suggested I try). Then I was told my concern would be "escalated to the higher technical support department". The ticket number for this is 10847357. 

I look forward to hearing back soon.

9 REPLIES 9

@anyae1 

The private messaging envelope icon is only available on your laptop or desktop computer and not available on your phone.

So you can submit a ticket on Start a Chat on the bottom of this page if you are on your phone.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anyae1 

In the Get Help sectuon before, please use the Start A Chat link to open the chatbot. Tickets are ipen from within there.

anyae1

Also, how do I sumbit a new ticket?

anyae1

Thanks for letting me know however I do not see a mail icon to the left of my community avatar...

@anyae1 

The problem is that your ticket will be responded via private message to your original community account. Public mobile is working on the fix for the community login issue.  Hopefully, you will be able to access your original community account soon.  This new community account will NOT be able to receive a response to your original ticket. 

As for your original problem, did you purchase your new phone new versus used? If you purchased used, maybe check to see whether phone is blacklisted.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Can you borrow a friend's SIM card to put in your new phone?  

With iPhones, usually all you need to do is just move the SiM card over.  

@anyae1 wrote:

Do you know how I can access the support system? Sorry for the inconveince. 

@anyae1 , you already submitted a support ticket. They will reply back in your community private mailbox. 

Edit: You can submit a new ticket from this account quoting your ticket # you previously submitted! Explain the situation of not being able to login to your original community username to communicate about that support ticket!

Watch for a response back from a CSA in your Community private mailbox at the top right of this page which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

anyae1

Do you know how I can access the support system? Sorry for the inconveince. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anyae1 you are now posting this to the community (all customers).  We are not customer service, just customers trying to help out.  Unfortunately it sounds like you will have to wait for a reply to your ticket from a customer service rep.

Need Help? Let's chat.