cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength

panh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Public mobile signal is very weak in Calgary South east area.( postal code T2C, Alberta ). How can I contact  public mobile technical support to fix that issue. Please advise.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@panh 

Postal code T2C is located around the Calgary Soccer Centre in the Calgary SE. 

An area south of 50 Ave SE, north of City of Calgary Shepherd landfill, East of Bow River and west of highway 201.

Calgary Soccer Centre is located in that area.  I used to taking my kids to the Calgary Soccer Centre when they were playing soccer.

The following map is provided by Canadian Cellular Towers Map search on Calgary Soccer Centre location.

Telus Cell Towers Around Calgary Soccer CentreTelus Cell Towers Around Calgary Soccer Centre

Go to this site and search your address to determine how close are you close to a Telus Cell Tower.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=50.977453&lng=-113.962727&zoom=13&type=Roa...

You may create a support ticket to get CS Agent for help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @panh   Public Mobile uses 3G network for voice and LTE for data and text.  Do you get weak signal for data only ? or problem with voice?

if you change your phone to 3G Only and force PM to use 3G for voice/data/text, do you see any improvement?

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

contact CSA. PM may send tech to check station/tower RSSI.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is good at T3M

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@panh , if you know friends and family with Koodo or Telus service in the area, compare notes with them on signal strength.  If your data is not an outlier, then what you are seeing reflects the coverage in the area.  Note that older phones might not do as well with managing a weak signal.  

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

dont think there is anything PM can do, unless the have another tower near you. my familys has on bar in his work building

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@panh 

Signal strength will vary based on a number of factors.

One thing to remember is that the 'resting' signal may appear to be less than the actual signal when in use.

Though there may not be much they will do, here's how you contact them:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.