cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up for promotion 5 G and then what happened!

amirsiddiq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello everyone,

I ordered my two SIMs on June 1, 2019. There is also a promotion which says that I will get 5 G of data if I activate the SIMs before June 16, 20116. Today it is June 16, 2019 and I am writing this email at 5:40 p.m. and I haven´t received the SIMs. 

I have searched whole Public Mobile website and there is no phone numer for this purpose. The Support Number that I got from the other website is 1 855 478 2542. When you call this number, you are asked your phone number which obviously you don´t have before activating your SIM. There is no Chat Support where you can talk to any real person. There may be some email support but I could not find it on any place on the web pages where I can easily found it. 

When I tried to register myself at their website, it again ask for phone number which I will get after registering my SIM.

It seems that company is telling me ¨Gotcha¨. 

I am sure that if somehow I get in touch with them, they will resolve the problem and will send me SIMs the next day. However, they will say ¨sorry¨ for the promotion of 5 G. 

I hope that it will not be played like this.

Below is the email that I received from Public Mobile. I am giving it for your reference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Welcome to Public Mobile
HI AMIR!

Thanks for your order on 06/01/2019. We can’t wait for you to become a part of our wireless community.

By purchasing a SIM online today, you have access to an exclusive offer: get a free one-time 5GB data Add-on* when you activate online by June 16th.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chelsealzl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I got in the mail.

Just the regular hanging card for retail with the postal sticker thing wrapped around it being used as a seal.

Maybe yours got in with flyers or something.

I got mine in a store but that is some simple and crude packaging😂definitely easy to get lost!

I got this for the promo. I got my first SIM at a Walmart over a year ago.

@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541My sim cards come in the same package too. I am pretty sure PM got Canada Post's okay because Canada Post can be strict, especially when you are doing bulbk mailing. Bar code is fine.. as long as it scans. If you use QR code obviously it has to be all on one side.

But I won't be surprised if the OP dig through is junk mail the card is there.

I was actually wondering about Canada Post's ability to sort these by machine. I am aware that Canada Post does sort oversize letters by hand.  I realize that Public Mobile did not ship this by lettermail but likely used Xpresspost.

I see that lettermail has a minimum dimension of 14x9cm, and conveniently, this package is that exact measurement.  I'm not even sure if Canada Post would allow something to be shipped as lettermail in that manner without first putting it in an evelope. I've have advertising material mailed out with a stamp on a postcard returned to the sender because it was no in an envelope; they require a dffierent type fo service and charge a different price to mail that way.

For Xpresspost, there is a minimum size requirement of 100x70x1mm.  I suppose this package could just barely meet that 1mm thickness requirement. 

@computergeek541My sim cards come in the same package too. I am pretty sure PM got Canada Post's okay because Canada Post can be strict, especially when you are doing bulbk mailing. Bar code is fine.. as long as it scans. If you use QR code obviously it has to be all on one side.

But I won't be surprised if the OP dig through is junk mail the card is there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just the regular hanging card for retail with the postal sticker thing wrapped around it being used as a seal.

They must have run out of envelopes.  I consider that to be sloppy.  I have never seen Public Mobile ship a sim card like that. Canada Post wouldn't be happy with that either because shipping labels are  not supposed to go around edges.

Funny. I thought it made reasonable sense. Compact, light, everything that matters is visible one way or the other, seals the folded card packaging. I didn't know about folded labels. If the required information is attainable then who cares.

Oh well. I got mine. Maybe this incorrect packaging causes these things to catch on that hanger or the size slips between the cracks and....lost.

@Anonymous wrote:

mailer.jpg

They must have run out of envelopes.  I consider that to be sloppy.  I have never seen Public Mobile ship a sim card like that. Canada Post wouldn't be happy with that either because shipping labels are  not supposed to go around edges.

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

mailer.jpg

I got mine in a store but that is some simple and crude packaging😂definitely easy to get lost!

Anonymous
Not applicable

mailer.jpg

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@amirsiddiq  just a heads up if you ordered both with the same email only one is elegible for the 5 gb promo that was stated in the promo unfortunately

@amirsiddiq 

You should have received the SIM card by now.  It is likely lost in mail.  You can contact moderator to ask for them to send you the SIM cards again.  Moderators will likely honor the promotion afterwards.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@amirsiddiq you need to let the moderato know about your issue here..moderator. And give the details of your purchase too. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

EDIT and you can use this process to know where your sims are..from @NDesai 

So the following is a very simple method to track your sim card order:

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I am sure once you receive your sim you can get it resolved with moderators help good luck ,you can go to canada post website punch in order number it will ask you for postal code at least you will see where they are

Need Help? Let's chat.