cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short code 560560

saurieng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The short code 560560 seems to stop working ? It used to work on my cell phones Samsung A7, Iphone11 Max 2,3 weeks ago. Is there anything new i have to do on my publicmobile accounts ? Thanks

Note: 560560 is a texting short code  for requesting the next 3 transit bus arrival times at a specific bus stop in Ottawa.

14 REPLIES 14

saurieng

Here is the reply from a PM about this 560560 problem. It would be the same solution for short code 33333, i hope.

==========

Last month we identified a glitch preventing people from texting shortcodes unless there were available funds on the account, thus charging $0.10 for each text. I escalated the situation and got a reply confirming that the issue has now been fixed and that is the reason why you can now text the 560560 without extra charges on your account.

This ticket is being closed. Don't worry, if you need to reopen it, just reply to this message.

Remember, we're here to help, so if you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us back.

saurieng

The problem has been fixed by Public Mobile after i was advised to send request to forum moderators.

Thanks for your help. You guys are superb !!!

Henry (Saurieng)

@computergeek541 

I also confirmed I am showing an account balance 40 cents lower than the last balance in my transaction history, (from sending 4 texts total to 33333 and 560560) but the chargeable texting events are not listed in the self-serve transaction history.

mortarheadd

I also want to give credit to .@brianqiyan who is the first one found out the cause.

@Nezgar wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile does not have pay-per-use charges and does not have a way set up to collect any amount from any customer for a single use event. All usage must be paid for ahead of time at Public Mobile or it doesn't work.

Wow, I just confirmed there is indeed a 10 cents charge from my balance for each test message I sent to 33333 and 560560 the last couple days!

Premium-Text-PM.png

Thanks @mortarheadd and @Nezgar . We have an issue then because that's not supposed to happen. It goes against the Public Mobile pricing and biling model.  @Catherine_T , @Alan_K : Can one of you comment?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar @computergeek541 

Is this a software problem that PM needs to fix? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile does not have pay-per-use charges and does not have a way set up to collect any amount from any customer for a single use event. All usage must be paid for ahead of time at Public Mobile or it doesn't work.

Wow, I just confirmed there is indeed a 10 cents charge from my balance for each test message I sent to 33333 and 560560 the last couple days!

Premium-Text-PM.png

mortarheadd

You can pay any amount to your account online with the per authorized credit card, so you will have "available fund" in your account.  I just added $1 to my account and the short code starts to work now.

@mortarheadd wrote:

It stops working because it is charging $0.1 per message.  If you have zero balance, then it will not work.

See this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Translink-shortcode-33333-is-not-w...

mortarheadd

It stops working because it is charging $0.1 per message.  If you have zero balance, then it will not work.

See this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Translink-shortcode-33333-is-not-w...

@saurieng

That's interesting that you indicated it's affecting both your phones... And texting between your two phones is working? or even sending a text to your own number?

I agree it's worth opening a ticket with the moderators to check your account. I also wonder in the back of my mind if the operators of 560560 have some kind of throttling or a blacklist on their side...

@saurieng contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

saurieng

Examples:

1693 35

1156 35

1693, 1156 are stop numbers

Sending Help, stop, start ... does not get any reply for my phones. It worked 2,3 weeks ago

Thanks

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

We could test as well if you give an example of what I should text to that number. Then I and others can let you know if it is not working for us as well.

Not being from Ottawa myself, I found a page about it here: http://www.octranspo.com/en/plan-your-trip/travel-tools/text-560560/

Looks like you just text a street name to that short code, eg.: ‘Hurd’, ‘Mac’, ‘Orl’, ‘Alb’, ‘Bil’.

So I texted "Hurd" to 560560 and got an immediate reply "First time use. Reply E for service in English. Première utilisation. Répondre F pour le service en francais."

Then texting "HELP" returned "OC Transpo schedules. *times GPS adjusted. Msg frqncy based on news. Std msg & data rates apply. STOP to cancel. octranspo.com/560e"

Then texting "STOP" returned "You will not receive any more OC Transpo alerts."

Worked from both my Public Mobile phone, and a SaskTel Mobility phone. Maybe try seeing if "HELP" or "STOP" return anything?

Need Help? Let's chat.