cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new account: unable to transfer number or create a ticket

Anderpander
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
I am switching to Public Mobile for the first time.
When I try to transfer my number, I get an error message.

Then, it sends me to get a help ticket, but I get an error message when I try to send the help ticket.
I filled in all the fields, except for one which I wrote N/A, as requested.

Now I do not know how to move forward.

6 REPLIES 6

Do you have any friends who you can do a swap with for a minute or two? It's not a permanent thing, it's more just a few moments in the phone to get service and then back into your phone if it works. But since you've reached out to a CS Agent and it seems they are VERY active to help because they've repeated themselves twice in this thread, I guess they are on the case now. 😁

Anderpander

Thanks for the suggestions.
I've rebooted my phone twice now with no effect.
I don't have another phone to use, unfortunately. So still at a loss.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, or a ticket, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

You can also start a ticket by going to the option "Start a chat" in our website, the option is at the bottom of the page, as well you can send a private message to "CS_Agent" in case you have a concern that might need some more investigation.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.
Public Mobile Team.

@Anderpander wrote:

I set up a temporary number, but my phone is showing that I'm not connected to a network.

I sent a message to the link you provided so hopefully they will help.

A few things to try. Have you rebooted your phone? Sometimes the SIM card needs to be reprovisioned. Do you have another phone you can use? If so, turn off both phones, insert PM SIM card in other phone, start it up and that should "wake it up" sort of speak. Then if that works, turn off phone and transplant SIM to the phone you want to use then start it up.

Anderpander

I set up a temporary number, but my phone is showing that I'm not connected to a network.

I sent a message to the link you provided so hopefully they will help.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Anderpander 

The easiest way I found is to set up Public Mobile on your phone. Once you have it completed with a temp number, make sure calls texts and data work all around. THEN you can port in the number via the app or online. If you still need help, here it is.

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.