cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set "Public Points" to always reduce my monthly bill?

TroyBoyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm absolutely unimpressed with "Public Points". My bill has gone up 67% !!! Outrageous! 

And why can't we set the "Public Points" reward to automatically reduce the monthly bill? 

I rarely use my cell phone, so I'm on the $15/mo plan, and I auto-pay, etc. so I used to have rewards that reduced my bill to $10.35/mo (awesome!), but now it's $17.25/mo and it doesn't produce enough "Public Points" to reduce my bill at all. That's a 67% increase in cost... 

When Mint Mobile becomes available in Canada I will definitely look at switching.

5 REPLIES 5

@Wayworn 

Taxes are higher back east.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a question - the $15 plan plus 13% tax = $16.95. Why are you charged $17.25. ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TroyBoyd 

as of May this year, the Rewards program that reduced our bill, has been retired. Instead we get a few points that can be used to lower our bill or buy add-ons. The difference is...now we must log in to our account and manage the points our self. Once you amassed enough points (15), you must log in to your account yourself to redeem those 15 points for your plan renewal.

added from Help Files...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TroyBoyd, have you had a look at the current plan offerings? Unfortunately customer on the $15 plan will not have any chance of switching to newer plans at lower prices but there are opportunities for some customer to save money by switching to newer plans for example, the old $25 1 GB plan on 3G can be replaced by a $19 1 GB plan on 4G, much faster speeds and saving you $6 in the process. There's also the very popular $34 50 GB Canada/US plan. The new Points system has definitely left a sour taste in legacy customers mouths but maybe PM may be willing to make some tweaks if they continue to receive enough complaints?? They will give you 10 points each year on your anniversary, that combined with the 5% back will cover your bill in less than an year which is a far cry from what you were getting before

Need Help? Let's chat.