cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

Cmullin79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son’s phone works sometimes and sometimes not. My bill is paid, shows lots of data available but data at times doesn’t work. I checked all settings to ensure data is on, etc but nothing

15 REPLIES 15

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely his phone is losing connection with cell towers.

Either he is in tight spot when reception is flaky or his phone is loosing contact with SIM. Reseat SIM card, gently clean contacts, try to blow dry air over phone's SIM contacts to remove eventual dust..

Have another phone at the same location to confirm if both are losing signal.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That  is 'Beta' iOS and that is the problem. Just follow link for fix.. Beta is never suggested for main device and I'm not really sure why so many people want this 15.4 version. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cmullin79 

Here's the fix thanks to @Coreyb .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fix-for-iOS-15-4-19E5209h-Data-issue/td-p...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Cmullin79

Cmullin79

It’s an iPhone X. So we put it in an iPhone 6s and it works. So what could be wrong with phone if that’s the case?

VIP_Tech

@Cmullin79 

your son device is iPhone,, go to Settings General then tap About software version ?

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whats getting changed at the time data works and when it does not.

Location/basement/day/night/wifi?

Try the SIM in another phone or another SIM in the current phone( you said the settings works).

@Cmullin79 

Which model phone?  
Did you try the SIM card in another working phone ? Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

Cmullin79

Is there a place or someone to actually talk to? I tried everything and even had an IT guy check it out from my work and we don’t see any issues...it’s the service. I’ve been paying and not getting the service. My son is 14, I need him to be able to have his phone

Cmullin79

It happens all around the city

Cmullin79

Still doesn’t work when tried all those

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sometimes that issue comes down to the towers you may be connected to as well, the amount of network congestion can be a factor.

Or try sim in another phone. 

VIP_Tech

Hi @Cmullin79 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

check your APN Settings (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.