cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suddenly not working after ~2 years

Rekehart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As in the title, I've been with public for more than 2 years now with the same phone(Huawei P20) . A few days ago I lost network service, even though my payment was successful and my account status is still active. My phone still works.

I saw on the website that the distributor has changed, but the page to check if your phone is compatible is no longer available either.(just asks you to buy a sim card)

Restarting the phone/ airplane mode etc has not solved the issue.

9 REPLIES 9

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Rekehart wrote:

As in the title, I've been with public for more than 2 years now with the same phone(Huawei P20) . A few days ago I lost network service, even though my payment was successful and my account status is still active. My phone still works.

I saw on the website that the distributor has changed, but the page to check if your phone is compatible is no longer available either.(just asks you to buy a sim card)

According this website information that if your phone was made for globe then has 2 frequency bands for 3G, but if it made for China then it has only one frequency band for 3G. This information doesn't mean your phone won't make a call or receive a call, but may has a problem for receiving signal. 

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/huawei-p20-lite

thefonz22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I turned wifi off and still can't make calls. But can receive calls sometimes.Strange

Hi @thefonz22 can you make calls away from where you are now? could be network issue there or could be because of VoLTE.   

since you opened ticket , wait for agent to reset the account for you first

thefonz22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pixel 6 user here. Suddenly unable to make or receive calls today. Mobile internet and texting works though. I have a support ticket going at the moment.

kletap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same issue. What has been going on with public mobile these days? 

@Rekehart wrote:

The method of SIM card distribution is unrelated to your service. Public Mobile is owned by the same company as when you stared your service here.  A phone that was compatible 2 years ago is still compatible today.  I would suggest check the status of  your IMEI at devicecheck.ca.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Rekehart 

no operator change.  but maybe due to VoLTE opent ticket for help

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rekehart 

Check to see if there is an outage in your area. Check outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

If there are no outage, you need to contact a CS_Agent (Moderator) to look into the issue for you. It could be a problem o their end.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rekehart    You said the phone works (calls/texts/data)?  Or not? 

The phone compatibility checker has never had a complete list of compatible devices, so you may not be able to glean much info from it anyhow.   As to the distributor, I believe that only refers to where PM SIM cards are being sold as the number of vendors have been reduced.

Need Help? Let's chat.