cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working for no reason

kandace_d09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is set to reset today and instead it isn’t working unless I’m connected to wifi. There’s more than enough money in my bank for the payment and it has reset my account online and it says I’m active but it isn’t working. And there’s not a single way to contact a human being about why.

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kandace_d09 

What is the make and model of your phone? Did you purchase it brand new? Can you see public mobile at the top left of your screen?

Edit:

If you bought your phone second hand check it here....to be safe.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kandace_d09  Can you try the SIM card in another device to see if the services are working 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kandace_d09 - you say you are due to renew your plan today? Well, you are right, you shouldn't lose service if that is the case.

Can you log into My Account to see if the status says ACTIVE? OR, can you dial 611 to also check the status.

For network issues, try 1 or more of the below to see if that helps:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

Add Funds, manually, to your owing amount or more, through My Account(or by calling 611 if you have a card registered), then select to reactivate/resume services if it does not automatically do so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Profile” TAB
  2. Select "Lost or Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kandace_d09  

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.