cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Renewal

rhondachisholm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to complete an early renewal today due to my data running out.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why not just buy a DATA add on? Also suggest that you try to minimize your data use by logging in to WIFI hot spots whenever possible. Most malls and restaurants offer free public WIFI. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rhondachisholm 

Which plan are you on presently?  

There are some decent plans available for existing customers:

$40 for 15 GB LTE data

$45 for 20 GB LTE data

$30 for 3 GB  3G speed data

$35 for 5GB  3G speed data

I agree. However, in this case, the OP has nothing to lose because they want an immediate plan change to the same plan. If they select a different plan to switch at next renewal, nothing will happen. If the immediate plan change to the same plan doesn’t happen, then nothing will happen.

They simply log back out, log back in, and cancel all pending plan changes. 

@rhondachisholm  perhaps if you’re feeling uneasy about the suggestion, either a data add on or contact to the customer support agents for an early renewal on the same plan is your best choice.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@HALIMACS

I do have some mixed feelings about this suggestion even if it does work in the case that a customer accidently does two immediate plan changes instead, but that's more of a matrer of needing to understand how plan changes at Public Mobile work.

Given the unpredictability of even the predictable sometimes, I would not be certain that this will work unless it has been proven to work.  

@HALIMACS

I do have some mixed feelings about this suggestion even if it does work in the case that a customer accidently does two immediate plan changes instead, but that's more of a matrer of needing to understand how plan changes at Public Mobile work.

@Handy1 

The rewards wouldn't be given out for an early renewal automatically, although when contacting a CSA, the agent might manually credit them if the customer is reasonably close to the date that rewards would have been given out next.

@rhondachisholm 

I recommend you try this option outlined by @computergeek541 .

• process a plan change to a different plan on your next renewal,
  • log out of self serve (this that may or may not be required)
  • log back into self serve
  • process an immediate plan change to the same plan that you’re on now.

Please let us know … Did it work?  

@computergeek541  I sorta knew this as a couple of members and I discussed this very issue a day ago maybe 2 . But no one was certain it works and then there’s the whole losing out on rewards for that period aswell … but thanks for the confirmation 

@HALIMACS 

I haven't tried it because I have no desire to change my plan, but I can say that with a pending scheduled change, the current plan (as long as it's still one that is offered to anyone) shows back up in the list of plans that can be selected.  A second plan change should also nulify the first plan change request.

@computergeek541 

that is a great work around!

So you’re saying that if a customer is on the $15 plan, and they schedule a plan change to the $25 plan,  they can log out and then log back in and schedule an immediate plan change to the $15 plan and effectively get an early renewal on the same plan?

@rhondachisholm 

You should be able to.renew your current plan early without need to.ask a CSA, assuming at least that your current plan is still one that is offered to new customers.  If you go into your Self Serve account and schedule a plan change to a different plan, the Self Serve page will then alllow you to select your current plan as an immediate plan change if you go back to change your plan again.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rhondachisholm 

You may want to consider purchasing an add-on to get you through to the next renewal, unless you’re less than a week from your renewal, in which case an early renewal of the same plan seems logical.

The other option is to consider moving to a higher data plan if the current one you’re on may not suit your monthly data needs.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rhondachisholm  You need support to do that to you / early renewal 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.