cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service just stopped working

Mel24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently started a subscription and it was working fine for 3 days until I got a text from Public Mobile. It said that the transfer of my phone number was unsuccessful, so they gave me a new number. If I wanted to to use my old number, I would have to transfer it again. Thing thing is, the new number doesn't work. I can't call text or use data with it. I went through the steps to transfer my old number but it has been more than 5 hours and nothing's has changed. What do I do to get the service working again?

2 REPLIES 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Granted @softech@Mel24 won't be able to call that number if they can't use that phone number. LOL.

@Mel24 Go into your network settings and do a network refresh and then reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, take your SIM card out and try it in a different phone. Then reboot the phone. If that works, place the SIM card back into your phone. If that doesn't work, you will have to find another source to call the number that softech gave you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mel24 

I don't think they will give you a random number after 3 days., even with a failed attempt.

There is a number to call to talk to live support.  You can check with them to understand what was the issue.  If your old account with the old carrier is still active, you can likely just give them the missing information and they can retrigger the port request.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.