Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service in Russia

alyonochkabriv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!
I am going to Russia for the whole month of July and need to:

1. receive messages on my phone there. Will I receive messages even if I am in Russia, or do I have to turn the roaming on? 

2. and shrink my plan to a minimum, because I won't use my data and minutes fully here. 

Could you help me with this, please? 

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is NO service in Russia nor any other country in Europe/Asia. Only in whole Canada and USA with US add-on.

@softech wrote:

@alyonochkabriv sorry, PM does not have a roaming service outside or US.  So, there will be no PM service for you, you won't be able to make call/text or receive

Since you going away in July, you can change plan to $15 on next renewal to save some money if you wish. But PM is prepaid provider and the cycle might not full fully within your trip.  So, how much you can save depends on the cycle date and your vacation time. 

Also, if you do change your plan ...there's a slight chance your old plan may not be available when you want it again. PM is tweeking with the plan menu lately and if your current plan is gone, you won't be able to get it back. Best is just to leave your plan alone and turn OFF Subscribe (Autopay), if you're only gone for July. You'll likely find a cheap 30 day plan to use in Russia.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alyonochkabriv sorry, PM does not have a roaming service outside or US.  So, there will be no PM service for you, you won't be able to make call/text or receive

Since you going away in July, you can change plan to $15 on next renewal to save some money if you wish. But PM is prepaid provider and the cycle might not full fully within your trip.  So, how much you can save depends on the cycle date and your vacation time. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alyonochkabriv  Sorry PM only works in Canada and the US with US roaming add ons . Your best to get  local SIM card in Russia for your trip 

as for shrinking your plan , you just turn off auto pay like this untill you get back and cost you nothing 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1686666035096.png

Need Help? Let's chat.