cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cancellation

Jookja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I am cancelling my service with public mobile. Will removing automatic payment suffice or do I need to explicitly cancel the service somehow? I couldn't find a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jookja 

The only other option not mentioned is replacing your current card on file with a $0 gift credit card if you want the peace of mind of not having your card on file once the account automatically cancels and deactivates due to nonpayment after 90 days. I can pass along details of a $0 gift credit card if that interests you. Just send me a private message. If you have an old $$ rewards account I would be interested in taking it over.....? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jookja 

If you're porting to new provider, recommend planning your port about 4-5 days PRIOR to the end-date of your current Public Mobile cycle.

Then, make sure you retain the PM SIM card in the device to respond "YES" to the port authorization text that your new provider will arrange to be send to you by PM.

Then, put in new provider SIM card, and you're good to go!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Choices to cancel service:

1. Quick and keep your phone number.

- PORTing/transferring your number to other provider cancels your PM account immediately.

1. Slow and do not keep your phone number.

- Disable autopay/pre-authorized payment

- Ask agent to Remove credit card info to avoid accidental charges by PM.

Your account will be suspended due to no payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be deleted. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying to reactivate your account.

- To stop service immediately, select lost/stolen phone.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Like said. 

Port out

or

Turn off auto pay (only of you have zero balance)

And remove your auto pay method. 

If on $ rewards some one here will offer to take over your account as well. 

@darlicious 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jookja disabling Autopay/ Pre-auth payments is all you need

you account will be suspended on the next renewal and 90 days later, it will be closed

if you are on old rewards system, you might want to consider to have someone to take over the account .  There are many members looking to take over old rewards account 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jookja 

The easiest way is to disable pre authorized payments.  Once your account is suspended more than 90 days, then your account will be permanently closed and phone number lost.  

Or if your port your phone number to another carrier, your PM account will also be closed. 

Some customer prefer to remove credit card information. But, that would involve contacting customer service agent.  

Need Help? Let's chat.