cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service broken

Danielmc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can send texts and I can make calls

However:  since yesterday my phone has not been able to receive texts or calls. And I had a phone repair clinic look at it and they diagnosed that the only reason for this mystery must be the network connection.

Help!!

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Danielmc wrote:

I can send texts and I can make calls

However:  since yesterday my phone has not been able to receive texts or calls. And I had a phone repair clinic look at it and they diagnosed that the only reason for this mystery must be the network connection.

Help!!

@Danielmc  - strange happenings with incoming calls in some areas lately.

If the fixes suggested are not helping, submit a ticket with CSA to have them look into this.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Liwo604

Working now for me. Contacted mods earlier and they did a reset but that only caused me to lose all data and phone usage. 2 hrs ish later everything is now working.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Danielmc 

It seems that the Telus outage is still affecting more customers.

Try powering off the phone, remove the SIM tray, reseat the SIM, wait 2 minutes, slide the tray back into the phone and power on the phone.

You can also try putting the SIM in another phone and follow the above instructions then put the SIM back in the original phone.

If that fails, contact a CS_Agent to refresh the network setting for your SIM.

@softech wrote:

You can try to put the SIM in another phone, this process would trigger a re-provisioning of your SIM/Account and that resolved issue for many affected customers already. 

This is an excellent trick to know and use as advice for similar issues. Thank you.

DrunkenTeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in BC, placing it in another phone did work though. 

@DrunkenTeddy @Danielmc @Liwo604   Yes, seems like a common issue for the last 10 days.

You can try to put the SIM in another phone, this process would trigger a re-provisioning of your SIM/Account and that resolved issue for many affected customers already. 

If you do not have another phone for this, you will then need to open a ticket with PM Support and have them to do this on the system for you.

I was aware that some affected users in the beginning were from AB or SK , any chance you are from those 2 provinces as well?

DrunkenTeddy

I just read in another post to take the Sim card out and place it in another phone, then place it back in my phone to fix this, trying that now.. 

Liwo604

Same problem as well.

DrunkenTeddy

I'm having the exact same issue. My wife is on public and hers is working fine but I can't receive calls or texts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.