cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Not Working

Zoey101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchase a SIM card and activated a plan. On my account it says “Active” but my service does not work. I can’t receive calls, send texts or make calls. I have an iPhone so all it says is SOS. I’ve paid for the plan and added an extra $40 to my account figuring I needed to do so to activate the plan. Why is my service not working? Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zoey101 If your phone is showing SOS then it's not connecting to the PM network. 

- Are you within range of a Telus tower..are you somewhere urban or somewhat rural where coverage could be spotty?

- did you port an existing number to PM or is this a new number?

- Is this this an unlocked phone you have?

- have you tried restarting the phone with the PM SIM installed?

@Zoey101 

well if it recently worked for a Kodoo plan...it'll work on a PM plan.

Follow suggestion of @HALIMACS  and try that sim in a different unlocked phone. See if it'll work.

@Zoey101 it should be unlocked,

You can find out if your iPhone is locked by going to Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked.

but again, did you check if the phone is clean as advised above?  again, this is the site 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

And you have another phone to test the PM sim?

Zoey101

It recently worked under the Koodo network from January-March. Recently tried switching to PM as they offer a better plan for cheaper.

Zoey101

The phone was purchased this last Christmas used as a gift. It is an iPhone 11. I was under assumption any phones after 2017 are automatically unlocked?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did your phone Ever worked as a 'phone'?

Maybe it is blacklisted? Broken? Broken connectors to SIM? Locked to previous provider?

Did you try any other SIM to isolate issue (phone or SIM)?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Zoey101 

To be certain the SIM is ready to provide service, try it in another device which is known to be working (if available).

This will point to whether a Public Mobile (SIM/account) issue or a device issue.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Zoey101 

is the iPhone locked to previous network ?

If so, you'll need to contact them to unlock said iPhone befo9re it'll work with PM.

added

click Settings / General..scroll down to find Carrier Lock which should show No SIM restrictions.

@Zoey101 wrote:

I purchase a SIM card and activated a plan. On my account it says “Active” but my service does not work. I can’t receive calls, send texts or make calls. I have an iPhone so all it says is SOS. I’ve paid for the plan and added an extra $40 to my account figuring I needed to do so to activate the plan. Why is my service not working? Please help!

If you use devicecheck.ca, is the status of the IMEI clear?

Need Help? Let's chat.