cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew the $45/20GB plan Early

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the $45/20GB plan.  Most months this is more than enough, but I see I am running low this month so would like to renew early when the data runs out, probably in a few days from now.

I don't see how to do that.  I tried the chatbot but it was unhelpful and pointed me to the only data add-on which is vastly overpriced for a tiny bit of data.

11 REPLIES 11

@allendick wrote:

I am not seeing what you see.

I am on the $45 plan now.

I do see a $50/23GB and a $65/35GB plan

But, no $45/20GB plan.

I'm sorry, but I haven't won the lottery, money is tight around here. I won't change my plan to one that is overkill for my needs, just so that I can present you with the exact scenario like you see in your account.

That screen shot was there to show the principle of what I think, but don't have proof of (yet), should be a work-around for early renewals of the same in-market plan without CSA intervention.

I thought my write-up was comprehensive enough to be of help.  I'm not sure how else I can put the fact that the scheduled plan change is needed for the plan you are currently on to reappear in the available plan list. 

But hey, apparently I'm just making stuff up. Sorry for trying to help.

@allendick wrote:

But, no $45/20GB plan.

The reason for the $45/20GB not showing is because of the fact that you are already on this plan.  If a plan change is scheduled to a different plan, the $40 re-appears.  The process mentioned by wetcoaster might very well work.

allendick

But, no $45/20GB plan.

@allendick wrote:

The  $45/20GB does not seem to be currently offered but I assume it can be renewed.

Therefore when doing as suggested, I don't see how to renew early and keep this plan.

The plans web design is so quirky, non-standard, counter-intuitive and unpredictable that I don't dare try things for fear of making a mistake that compromises my plan.

I think I'll submit a ticket.

Well, if you look at my screen shot it IS available... I since I'm on the $40/15GB plan my first, scheduled for next renewal, plan change is to the $45/20GB. You need to choose 4G plans and use the yellow arrows to find it.

But yes, agreed, for a predominantly self serve system the UI could be more intuitive.

Edited to add that I went through the outlined process parallel to writing it down. so the information and screenshot is as of today 12:20PM PDT.

allendick

The  $45/20GB does not seem to be currently offered but I assume it can be renewed.

Therefore when doing as suggested, I don't see how to renew early and keep this plan.

The plans web design is so quirky, non-standard, counter-intuitive and unpredictable that I don't dare try things for fear of making a mistake that compromises my plan.

I think I'll submit a ticket.

@allendick wrote:

Thanks for the tips.  I'll put in a ticket when I get closer.  The renewal date is the 14th, but at my current rate I'll run out by the end of this week.

I think an app was running in  the background and ate a chunk of data so maybe my usage will more normal, but I am not counting on it and planning for running out.

@allendick 

Since this is a plan that is currently available in self serve: Here's something that you could try and, please report back on?

(I have plenty of data left, so I only went through to the payment page but did not actually go through to the actual renewal.)

- in your account portal go to "Plans & Add-ons"

- click on "Change My Plan"

- choose any plan different from your current one

- click on "change plan on renewal date"

- confirm "yes, change my plan on renewal date"

- the scheduled plan change tab will show up under your current plan description

- now your current plan is showing up in the plan list again

Screenshot 2023-04-22 12.05.35.png

- click on "skip to payment"

- proceed with payment (which I haven't done)

Side note: If you are on the old $$ reward system you need to pay the full amount for an early renewal. Your rewards for this renewal should be applied to your account automatically within 3 days. They are then there as available funds for your next renewal.

As mentioned, I'm curious if this procedure for early renewal of the same plan actually works, so any feed back would be appreciated. Thank you!

allendick

Thanks for the tips.  I'll put in a ticket when I get closer.  The renewal date is the 14th, but at my current rate I'll run out by the end of this week.

I think an app was running in  the background and ate a chunk of data so maybe my usage will more normal, but I am not counting on it and planning for running out.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @allendick not sure if this is a good solution in your case, but it is quick without PM support help.  Yiu can make an immediate plan change to another plan like $40 plan.   But of course?, less data with that plan 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@allendick 

How long is it to your next renewal?

You might want to try to make do as when you renew early you forfeit whatever was paid on your current cycle and there's no refund or proration.

Also there will be no renewal rewards applied on immediate plan changes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Only support can renew a plan early. Makes no sense but it's been like that for basically ever.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@allendick only PM support can help you to renew early 

please open ticket with them when time comes 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.