cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says i’m out of minutes even though i have unlimited calling to U.S. and Canada

nebulavaults
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i’m not even out of data, keeps telling me i’m out of minutes when i try to call to the U.S. 

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nebulavaults 

Over the next month monitor how many minutes you use to call the US and how much data you use. If you dont need 10.5gb of mobile data every month and use less than 500 min calling the US then consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal back to the $40/5gb plan and purchase the $15/1000min US calling add on.

These add ons are one time purchases that roll over every 30 days until completely consumed. 1000 minutes is nearly 17 hours of talk time and at $0.015/min every hour on the phone calling the US is $0.90....not even $1 so if you only need US calling for a few hours every month the lower plan amount and the add on is a more economical choice.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@nebulavaults you can in fact use VoIP app to make free calls to US.  try TextNow  🙂

nebulavaults

oh man i thought for sure that i’d selected one that included us calling, I just gave them more money and they fixed it! 

@softech  @darlicious 

By chance one of my 'people' happens to be on the 5GB plan so I recalled it didn't include US calling.

Still, a quick check at the plans page was necessary to confirm my suspicion. 😉

@nebulavaults  -  was that the case?   If you wish to have US calling (and could use add'l data) consider switching up to the $50 or higher plan.   If so, please select the option to change upon next renewal, not an immediate plan change.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Nice catch.

@nebulavaults 

Did you activate in December or reply YES to the text from 4911 offering these gifts? Then you would probably have the 500min international long distance calling minutes holiday add on so you could call the US. Otherwise you would need to buy the $15/US 1000 min calling add on, change plans ( not likely) or download a voip provider such as textnow or fongo so you could call California for free while on wifi or use about 0.5mb/min of mobile data to make calls.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nebulavaults 
You can purchase 1000 minutes calling Add-on to USA for $15 if you are not on the $50/$60/$70 per month plan.

@nebulavaults 

The $40 plan is the one with 5GB (inc auto-pay).   It does not include unlimited US calling from Canada.

In order to get that, need to be on the $50 or higher plans.

EDIT:   as per below

HALIMACS_0-1647718256326.png

@nebulavaults i guess you can call other Canadian numbers no problem?

can you call other US numbers?  maybe lookup Google to find some US business number to test.  

and you  checked My account and confirm account  statis is Active.?

if still fails, maybe open a ticket with PM support and have them to confirm:

1 . . If you have access to Self-Serve My account:  For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click  "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket".  Then follow to complete the ticket submission.     

2 .  If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method:  you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nebulavaults 

Reboot your phone. Call a local number like a family member or friend you call often. Manually dial the number and put a (1) in front. If it connects then do the same with your contact when you call California.

nebulavaults

5gb a month with unlimited us/canada calling, the number i was trying to reach had a 714 area code

@nebulavaults which plan are you on?

nebulavaults

it’s a california area code i’m trying to reach. I’ve restarted my phone a couple times to no use, just keeps telling me ive used all my minutes and to dial whatever number to purchase more. I’ve only made a few short calls this month.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nebulavaults   Just want to confirm, you are calling from Canada?

Try reboot your phone once, it might work.  Also, what area code you are trying to call? 

Please note the following: 

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six-digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed:

712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Need Help? Let's chat.