cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says I've used all my data but I have proof that I haven't hit my limit. Help?

ExtraMatcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the second month in a row, Public is showing that I have used all my data but when I check my phone, and the history Public provides, it does not show that I've used 4 GB of data. 

- Public notes that as of Dec 10, at 4:53pm, I have used all of my data (4GB)

- My phone is showing I have used 1.33GB of data

- Public usage history shows I've used even less, 744.84 (it won't go back earlier than Dec 6, 2022)

I've been with Public for over 5 years and have never had this issue.

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.05.15 PM.png

15 REPLIES 15

ExtraMatcha

Thanks for your help everyone. I reached out to customer support and they confirmed it was an issue on Public's end and have now fixed the issue and my data is reading the correct amount. 

Appreciate all your speedy responses 🙂

ExtraMatcha

Thank you! I'm going to do that now. It's very odd. I'll post if there is a resolve. 

ExtraMatcha

It is. And this is the second month in a row it's happened. Last month it said my data ran out in 2 days but I was on wifi in my home for both days which was odd. 

@ExtraMatcha PM usage on that page is delayed by around 12 hours.  Your Usage today will be there around after midnight.  So, the math should add up if you check tomorrow morning

for your phone usage, as @dust2dust pointed out, likely you didn't reset the cycle start date on the device to match PM's cycle start date.  Dec 3 for your current cycle 

ExtraMatcha

Ah! Great call. That works but still doesn't add up (see screenshot)Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.27.19 PM.png

ExtraMatcha

Hi! I am in incognito mode and the same issue happens. I received text alerting me to the data usage so I went to incognito to review. 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@ExtraMatcha 

If I were you, I'd get in contact with a Customer Support Agent from Public Mobile and have them look into your account and usage.

There's definitely something screwy going on with their system that measures the data usage.

Either send a private message to CS_Agent or use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ExtraMatcha 

Because this is a new website with cache issues.

You need to refresh your browser every time with the circular arrow on your browser.

For the middle image, is your phone set to 12:01am of Dec 3?

@ExtraMatcha Hi there is a cache problem with accounts here try using a different browser in private or incognito mode try signing back into your account and see if it updates 

@ExtraMatcha you said usage history won't show earlier than Dec 6, maybe you click the filter too early ( there is a glitch with the filter on that page)

can you try to download the full usage history in XLS and filter and add the. usage using Excel?

ExtraMatcha

Yup! I get the same thing 😞

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ExtraMatcha did you try logging in My Account using incognito mode?

ExtraMatcha

Thanks! I've done that several times over the last hour and it doesn't change. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on that little spinner refresh icon in the lower right of your left image and see what you get.

Need Help? Let's chat.