Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Anybody has Samsung S10?

Any comments, recommendations?

Is S10 really worth more than S10e? I do not care for camera performance.

36 REPLIES 36

@softech wrote:

@Meow .and I have a palm V.. and spent $600 for a Sony Clie TH55.. good old days... sad that no longer useful...

Palm was amazing little organizer. The only drawback was it was losing 'memory' after battery change or if you are not fast enough to replace them quickly (do not remember anymore).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. No Playbook. Seems it wasn't actual OS10. The Z10 came out a little later for 2013. My first cell phone was the Motorola "brick" phone. I have a pic around here somewhere but whatever.

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous as a BB lover, I guess you have one BB Playbook?.. great device but came 2 or 3 years late..marked the downfall of BB

@softech 

I've got 2 when Staples had them on for $99 over 10 years ago.   They sold like hotcakes...

Overall, was a worthy purchase -  all but useless now.   Last time I've booted it up was years ago...

@Anonymous as a BB lover, I guess you have one BB Playbook?.. great device but came 2 or 3 years late..marked the downfall of BB

@Meow .and I have a palm V.. and spent $600 for a Sony Clie TH55.. good old days... sad that no longer useful...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Fun with English. I said collection as in I had a few dead or alive ones from different generations. I sent them to Telus to do whatever they wanted with them. No I don't collect phones as a hobby unlike AE-Collector of old landlines.

@softech : Brand new?! Wow. The problem I had with my beloved Z10/Z30's was updates and security. I actually use my Z30 still as a little games device while on the throne. Yeah it was an interesting sorta hack they did with a runtime version of Android 4.3 or thereabouts.

@Meow upgrade... S7 is aged.. I used my old s7 Edge has a home secondary phone for video streaming only..it's not bad.. still working well.  I have an note 9 and s9 in the family..  still running strong as a primary device.. just feel sad that it has no more OS upgrade and just quarterly security patch. 

it is good s10 still have monthly updates and Android 11.

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous I still have a brand new z10 or z30( I forgot as I have quiet a big collection of BB since 8310)   .brand new never used.. too bad it is not a true Android..would be nice even use it with wifi only..  BB10 is not useful

I can provide a picture of my 3 PALM Pilot units. One is actually a phone but I am afraid to stick PM's SIM into it not to screw up my PM service... you never know. They are framed and hanging on a wall like a picture 😉

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : I got rid of a collection of phones

Oh, I have nothing against phone collections. People collect different things and if that makes them happy - GO for it!

I like automatic watches but am not going overboard having plenty of them. And you cannot wear them all together 🙂 but each get 'exercise' on regular basis.

I used to have Z10 and Z30. Battery life - fantastic! Great phones. Sold them out... Android gives me everything I ever need. Using just few essential (for me) apps and I am happy. Have not installed new app since 2019, only updates...

Why I asked about S10? Wife's friend has one and it made me salivate... But S7 still works so it is a question should I spend $400 or so for a new phone while current is still in great shape?

@Anonymous I still have a brand new z10 or z30( I forgot as I have quiet a big collection of BB since 8310)   .brand new never used.. too bad it is not a true Android..would be nice even use it with wifi only..  BB10 is not useful

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : I got rid of a collection of phones. Mostly because they were CDMA. I still have my old Z10, Z30, a Nokia Windows Phone, S7. I have 3 accounts here and my A31 has two in it with the dual-SIM. My spouse has an iphone 8 from work and recently got an A32. So there's a few phones around here.

Many people here "manage" many accounts like for family or even friends. Maybe with the family they're the telecom experts and just take care of all the phones.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous which Samsung device you have?  

@softech 

one for Samsung Galaxy S6 and one for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
and one Samsung Galaxy S7,

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous which Apple phone you gone after?

two iphone 7 and one 8 plus and 2 for XR...

Why do you have so many phones??? Isn't one (ok, 2 - one as backup) enough?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow 

so for that device price why you don't go with Apple iPhone is much better..

APPLE!?!?

NEVER!

bigscottydawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 and like it very much. I had always been an LG guy and then my daughter handed down this phone to me brand new when she switched to Apple so I have been using it. It is very powerful, reliable and fast. I have had no problems with it in 18 months. Cameras are excellent. Storage is excellent. Lots of features. Please feel free to message me with any specific questions. 

fair.. s6 , s7 are one of the best Samsung phones at the moment.  

I guess.. at least for me, i honestly think  Apple is overpriced.  You paid a premium for its great support (True, can't argue that..), but part of the price also go to the brand image,  which I dont think it worths.

Many Android phones does not work as well as Apple , partially because of the Apps. Apps designed for Android has to make it compatible with at least 200+ models (likely more).  Apps designed for Apple follows tie guidelines but designed for around 15 models (and these models are pretty much the same).  Hence, performance issues caused by apps are minimized in the iOS world.                                       

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

i still don't have the full answer.. what Samsung model is that ?

@softech 

You can't wait a minute, you're writing like a machine because you're tech...ha ha ha

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I offered some input for my parents to purchase cell phones. They were looking at the S10 through a Marketplace seller (third party) via BesyBuy.ca. I cautioned them that the phone is likely used or refurbished with limited or no warranty. There was a recent CBC Marketplace with regards to limited support, warranty, and quality of used products. I further added that there are similar sellers on Amazon too. They eventually saw reason to purchase a new S20 FE for $700 plus tax from Costco. B&H Photo has a slightly better deal, if they have any inventory. The Moto E (2020) had also come up in conversation for a budget Android phone while shopping around, which seemed too cheap with the hardware and software considered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous which Samsung device you have?  

@softech 

one for Samsung Galaxy S6 and one for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
and one Samsung Galaxy S7,

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous which Apple phone you gone after?

two iphone 7 and one 8 plus and 2 for XR...

i still don't have the full answer.. what Samsung model is that ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @softech 

yeah your right but is still depends by user experience,, and some user not like Apple or another brand depends by user which one like it, but why i like Apple is never going slow,

and when i buy it two iphone 7 and 8 plus and 2 for XR, and now looking for 2 iphone 13 when i found nice deals and all iphoen never going slow,, but befroe with another brand too many issue and when i call to support under warranty the say that not cover by warranty is bad of big manufacturer, but my friend has a Apple Signal issue just we go to store support the testing and the take an give them brand new for free because under warranty with 11 month of use that why i buy it only Apple and so sorry for other member not like what i say but that user experience...

@Anonymous which Samsung device you have?  which Apple phone you gone after?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : I was completely loyal to the old BB OS10 for the few years it was around. But alas. So that leaves Android or iOS. Knowing Apple since Apple became Apple and never liking how they went about their business...that left Android. Although I dabbled with a Windows phone as my "data" line until I got a dual-SIM phone. Another dead OS. There are lots of Android devices out there. Samsung is just one manufacturer. Google is another. I still have a perfectly functioning S7. My now year old A31 is still working perfectly fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Some people are philosophically opposed to all things Apple. I will never own an Apple product.

@Anonymous 

is a choice for any brand device but when use it,,, there is something different about device and is take longer with you and is it by user experience,

*like i buy it before a samsung brand new device and after 6 month is going slower and after 10 month is battery issue ,, and after that buy it Apple iphone device Oh wow is it a big different and for now 4 years for useing is still like brand new and thank god i pay more but is keep longer.. and i did buy it 4 Apple device with that 5 years is no issue at all.. but Android device is a lot of issuee after 1 year useing..depends also now in market i see my two friend useing google pixel 5 ,,, the are so happy with it. after all by user experience,

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow 

No, for that price , I would still go with Samsung and not Apple!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Some people are philosophically opposed to all things Apple. I will never own an Apple product.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow 

@Meow 

And the reason you don't want to buy from pm for $399 - $30=$369 for a guaranteed not stolen phone with a one year warranty?

@softech 

That old Audiovox 8610  device was unbelievable for calling (not so much for texting...).  And if I forgot my charging cord for a multi-day excursion - no worries, it was still usable throughout the many days away.

The voice quality is unmatched to this day through the several devices (Blackberry, 3 Androids, & an iPhone) I've owned/used since.

@HALIMACS wrote:

HALIMACS_1-1621854402679.jpeg

@HALIMACS 

Miss the good old days with these flip phones!!! 

I am glad it is making a comeback. Just waiting for another 2 or 3 generations for the technology to mature  and price to come further down.. will probably go back to Flip then.. 

$ is not an issue.. then go with S10  🙂

bigger is better.. haha

Need Help? Let's chat.