cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Dual Sim Model: SM-G973F/DS (International model)

JeanAumont
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I want to know if the Samsung Galaxy S10 Dual Sim Model: SM-G973F/DS (International model) is compatible with Public Mobile. I move my sim card from my old Samsung Galaxy S6 and move it to my new  Samsung Galaxy S10 Dual Sim.

I have a terrible signal reception with the new phone and loose the signal all the time.

I am wondering if the phone is defective or it is a compatibility problem.

I am using the 3Gb speed plan, can that be the issue?

Thanks,

Jean Aumont

7 REPLIES 7

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@JeanAumont According these two website information, the operating frequency bands in you phone should be fine. Try remove sim card , turn off the phone, wait a couple of minutes, inset sim card and then reboot the phone. Sometimes Samsung phone is pretty tricky.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/samsung-galaxy-s10

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10-9536.php#sm-g973f/ds

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have an international Samsung. It worked fine for a while and then didn't allow incoming calls from some providers including this one. I finally ended up installing a stock rom from a whole other region from what it started out as. What was interesting with this was that in the same place at home, I got a bar or two extra reception.

The phone should be fine. Pretty much all Samsung phones will work here. It's the other odd Chinese brands that seem to be the ones with dodgy connectivity.

I would concur that it could be a phone issue. If having the sim in another phone works fine in the same place then it's the phone.

Doing factory resets and replacement roms is very time consuming. The backup systems from Samsung and Google do NOT back up everything. Most surprising was that data in built-in apps was not backed up. Maybe if you do all the cloud sync-ing all the time you might. But I never did. I just did the backup methods and lost some data.

@JeanAumont   no, the Samsung phone should have the proper 3G bands for voice calls.  Most international version Samsung has both the required bands , B2(1900) B5 (850)

You said your other phone is working well with where you are now, where you find the voice issue? 

But do you find the voice better in other area or voice does not work very well EVERYWHERE.   If that is the case, it is likely a device issue.  It might not be the device specification but more a defect. 

Again, you can try the couple steps I mentioned above  and hope one of those fixed it.  If even reset to factory does not work, before you give up the phone, you can open a ticket with PM support and hope they can reset your acocunt from their end and would fix it

JeanAumont
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

When you say "international versions likely miss some critical 4G/LTE band and will affect data transmission",

do you mean that this will affect reception of phone call and trying to make a phone call ?

My main concern is phone call, not reception of data for a youtube video as example.

Right now with the Galaxy S10 Dual Sim Model: SM-G973F/DS my main problem is voice.

I can not get the signal properly for voice phone call. For data, I am mainly using wifi and this works great!

Thanks,

Jean Aumont

@JeanAumont   another thing to test if what suggested above did not work, make sure your phone has the latest software upate

Also start with Reset All networks.

if still does not help, try to wipe the phone (Reset phone to factory default) with PM sim card inside and do not restore anything from previous phone yet.  Just setup the phone new and test the phone for couple days

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JeanAumont   your phone has dual sim slots, try your other sim slot and see if there is any difference (although likely not)

Also, you could have better signal if you changed the Preferred network type (or Network mode) to 3G only  (it might call WCDMA Only) from Automatic

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JeanAumont   generally speaking, the main Galaxy line phone will work on PM.  So, your phone SM-G973F/DS willl definitely work on PM.  However, international versions likely miss some critical 4G/LTE band and will affect data transmission., So, that would be your issue.  Your phone lacks some 4G/LTE band

No, your 3G plan is not the reason.  Your 3G plan is in fact 3G speed plan.  PM uses 3G for voice for EVERYONE, whether you are on 3G speed plan or 4G speed plan.   Your 3G speed plan will allows you to use data on 4G LTE network too except with reduced speed.   With your phone default config, you likely using 4G LTE network for data at reduced speed.  But again, that is not the reason for your trouble.  It is the  missing 4G LTE bands.  It misses some but it has some, that's why it works, but not great

Need Help? Let's chat.