cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) not receiving calls or texts

Nate21886
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've been a customer for over 5 years and I've finally encountered a problem that needs solving.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and its not receiving calls or texts. I'm able to call and text others though. Data works.

I've tried restarting my phone, placing it in airplane mode, updated the software, and reset the network settings. Does anyone else have any solutions?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

@Nate21886 

Great that you figure it out!

@Nate21886 wrote:

OK so I got it fixed. I took the sim card out, cleaned it, and put it back in. That did the trick. Thanks everyone for their help!

I believe this to be coincidence.  A dirty SIM card could not cause data to work but not calls and text messaging, nor could taking the SIM card out and  re-inserting it.  Likley, all that was needed was a device restart. It's also possible that the issue may have fixed itself.

@computergeek541 

I total agree that this is an old phone. My local mom and pop shop will give free inspection and whether it is worth fixing.

Nate21886
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK so I got it fixed. I took the sim card out, cleaned it, and put it back in. That did the trick. Thanks everyone for their help!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Nate21886 

Seems you have tried everything. 
Maybe try contacting a CS_Agent and have them investigate and reformat your SIM by DM an agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also, have the phone checked out at a cell repair shop.

This phone is fairly dated and it would not be worth paying any type of fee to troubleshoot or repair this device.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nate21886 

Seems you have tried everything. 
Maybe try contacting a CS_Agent and have them investigate and reformat your SIM by DM an agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also, have the phone checked out at a cell repair shop.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nate21886 

have you been using this A5 or just start using it with PM sim ?

First, try to change the network mode to 3G Only on your phone and see if the phone connects at all.  If it connects, test calls again.  If not, it is a phone issue, as your phone is compatible with PM's 3G network

Also, test your PM sim card in another phone to confirm it is not an account issue

you might want to test an active sim card from another provider to confirm if it is a device issue

Need Help? Let's chat.