cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working since activated

rishikap7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card and plan on Friday November 25, 2016 . The calling works and so does the 4G data, but for some reason the text messaging feature does not appear on my self serve account and therefore I can't send and receive SMS.

I was under the impression that for $120/month for 90 days: unlimited province wide talk, text, and 6 GB total for the 90 days. Could someone please add the text messaging to my account and make it work? Thanks! It really should have been included with the "choose 3" discount.

My brother on public mobile has the exact same issue (activated on the same day), but for him text messaging is listed on his account and he still does not have SMS service.  So I'm hesitant to even top-up on my account as there's no guarantee that it would make my sms service work.

@Mary_M  @Brooke_C @Caroline_B @Caroline_D @Jeremy_M @Danny_M @David_J

6 REPLIES 6

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I suggest this.

Bury your head in the sand, and wait till someone from public mobile digs you out.

But make sure you get a straw for breathing, its going to be a long time!

@jheili99 wrote:

hi..

for your brother : his APN settings might be wrong hence he can't send SMS...

for you: did you check your APN settings ? what does it say?

cheers

jheil999,

APN settings do not and cannot have any affect on SMS.  APN settings could be completely wrong or even left blank and SMS would still work.

Outgoing SMS is controlled by a setting called the SMSC.  But even if the SMSC was set wrong, incoming text messages would still work.

Rishikap7, if you can't recieve text messages, the root cause is almost always some type of account issue.  Outgoing messages can be "broken" with a wrong SMSC setting, but there is no such setting for incoming.  Make sure you don't have the notifications turned off inside your default SMS program, but since you've already received "text not included" messages, we now know the problem is on Public Mobile's end.

So it was after the promo and you picked 90 day but calling, texting, 6 GB data AND calling, 6 GB data are BOTH $120. Sometimes new customers stop selecting once they see $120 and miss clicking texting.

No matter what transpired, it will be adjusted but may take a few days. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rishikap7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We both followed the instructions for APN settings, that is definitely not the problem.  In fact, if we try to send an SMS, we get an SMS back from public mobile saying our plan currently does not support SMS.  His definitely does as it shows up in my account!  Mine should as it seems like the website glitched when I was topping up.

No need to top up. The activation may have missed adding texting. A moderator will repair it in due course. Send a private message to one of them, Shazia for example, ensuring you provide the info in this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

for your brother : his APN settings might be wrong hence he can't send SMS...

for you: did you check your APN settings ? what does it say?

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.