cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS from 5213 legit?

Junghee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message from 5213 saying...

"Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 15GB of data at 4G speeds of up to 100mbps for only $26/month.
Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date.
Hurry, offer ends February 18, 2024."
Is 5213 legit or a scam? I want to know before I say YES. I need to hear from Public mobile.

Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, it is legit, on Sept 2023 I got a text from public mobile offers me to upgrade from $15 plan to $25 5GB in 3G speed. I reply YES. There was nothing change in my app account. Until 24 hours before of my month cycle. And today, I get the  $26 15GB 4G speed offer again. For $1 extra, I get 10GB more and switch from 3G to 4G speed. Totally worth it.

Lisa31

That's what I was thinking too and came here to see if it was a scam or safe to answer YES. Also wondering if it's only for a 3 month period or for good.

HI @MandyJS 

there are couple different offers going on and they change these direct offeres every month or two.  It is just random.  that's why you can a different offer and your dad not getting any yet. 

But they have been doing it for months, so, maybe your dad would an offer next time

canamericanguy

Same here! That's a big upgrade for just $1.

MandyJS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just recieved an offer today too in my text messages but it's not a good offer like that. My offer was for 5GB of 4G speed for $24 a month. It's the exact same offer I was given in January that I didn't except.

Curious enough, my dad who also signed up for Public Mobile the same day as me didn't receive any offers.

Looks like you got the good offer 😁

Hi @zeppelin_2 

in such case, you will have to ask PM agent to confirm if the offer was sent to you.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437    

zeppelin_2

Is there any way other than via SMS to accept this? I'm out of the country at the moment, would like to know if I'm eligible.

stfn74

Thanks @hTideGnow , in this case this looks like a great deal for me. For just 1$ more I am upgrading from 1 GB to 15 GB and from 3G to 4G. A no brainer.

HI @stfn74 

yes, you will keep all the legacy rewards.  in your case, you will still get $7 off.  so, just $19 for 15GB

stfn74

I also got this SMS offer today - 15GB of data at 4G for 26$/month which is just 1$ more than my current 25$/1GB 3G plan.

Maybe a stupid question, but this is not just data package, is it? It's supposed to be a full plan with unlimited Canada-wide minutes, text etc? Also, will I keep my rewards if I upgrade? Between loyalty, subscription and refer-a-friend, I get a total of 7$ discount.

Since they appear to be sending these texts again, I have to check with that phone to see if one was sent. It's not in my possession.  I just pay the bills 😁

oh well @Sansan 

win one loss one 🙂

I was mostly commenting in the legitimatecy of the text itself not particularly the offer details. 

But yes @hTideGnow  in December the offer received was for 24$ at 4GB. Not good.

Since then I managed to bargain with them and got 29$ for 30GB.

I have another account which I begged,  pleaded with them for a better offer from the $15 plan but 2 reps later I got turned down🙄. They wouldn't budge.

HI @Sansan 

your offer 2 month ago should be just $24 but only 4GB , isn't it?

or the $29 one, this is $26

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

We are not Public Mobile but customers like yourself,  but I can confirm that the offer is legit and its from Public Mobile.  Got same offer 2 months ago.👍

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Junghee 

yes, legit text.  You might want to take it as this is a great offer!!!

reply YES and the system will schedule the plan change on renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.