cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIMore Router for your PM SIM for calls and SMS text around the world

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I just receive this new product by SIMore for a new router by leaving your SIM at home while travelling anywhere in the world and still receive calls and SMS texts for iPhones and Androids.

Item is pricey but calls and texts goes to your registered account as if you are in Canada…cheaper purchasing a local SIM.

https://www.simore.com/en/iphone-dual-sim-active-simultaneously-4g-router-adapter-triple-dual-sim-at... 

https://youtu.be/rv8s9axQy1M?si=wTFr-KxpC5oCEYVC 

11 REPLIES 11

@softech 

There is a drop-down menu for currency. I clicked on USD since there are no Cdn.

Yes, pretty pricey!

@BKNS27 

it's not USD, it's Euros.  I wonder how they forward sms

but I don't think many of those akding to receive sms while they out of country will be willing to pay this price 

@wetcoaster Precisely. I'd probably just use an old phone, left at home with a forwarding app. Only downside to that is you can't use your number for outgoing calls.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I can see the benefit of this for 2FA texts while abroad (snow birds?), or someone who travels a lot but wants to take frequent / business calls to their "home country" phone number while using local SIM for data. Essentially having a, rather costly, dedicated gadged for something an old phone, plugged in and with a forwarding app can do.

However, frequency bands of this unit are only partially compatible with prevalent NA bands. Not sure how that influences performance here.

@DennyCrane 

I agree if you are abroad long term but the good thing you can place 2 SIM cards so your spouse will have access with calling and texting…guess that works out to $87.50/person. 😂

@BKNS27 Got it. A local sim alone doesn't solve the problem this product does though, which is being able to use your own phone number for calls and texts. I get the concept, but I have to think that anyone willing to shell over $175 USD would also be willing to pay for roaming services to be able to use their own phone number.

I suppose this would be good if you were planning on being abroad for multiple weeks/months. I'd worry about investing in it and then having it not be supported within 2 years though. I just don't see there being many buyers for this, noting how cool of an idea it is though. 

@DennyCrane 

No I don’t have the router. I just got a spam from SIMore since I am on their email list.

The price of $175usd i think it is too pricey and it would be better with a local SIM.

@BKNS27 You said got have one of these routers? I was just curious what sim card he put in his phone in the video, after taking his actual sim card out and putting it in the router. Was it just an unrelated sim card?

If that's the case (no data, which would make sense), you'd be investing in this plus a travel esim (or just be tethered to wifi when you want to use your phone). Cool concept, but I'm not sure who the market is for this tool. Anyone willing to shell out that kind of money would surely be willing to pay for roaming services (and wouldn't be a Public Mobile customer).

@DennyCrane 

From the video, it looks like you place your current SIM in the router stationed at home to receive calls and texts to your phone on the app while you are abroad.

No data from what I gather.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Interesting concept. So you put your sim card in the router and it effectively acts as a call and text forwarding point to an app you pair it with on your phone. What sim card is going in your phone? Did a sim come with the router? And if so, does it come with data service? And for what recurring cost? Or do your require a secondary esim if you want cellular data whole travelling?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27  That’s cool . Right on thanks  for sharing 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.