cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Jomp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks so I bought a new SIM card and tried to use the change SIM card number in my profile and it won’t stick🤬🤬🤬🥵 I did the private  tab thing and it still will not work.  I really need this like last week to work…. Help please 🙏🏾 

I even drove to a kudos Public Mobile , Telus kiosk and there’s no help customer service for Public Mobile now I love Public mobile. This is starting to get on my nerves.

17 REPLIES 17

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jomp 

So the owner reported it lost/stolen and had it blacklisted. Just turn it into the police and they can contact the owner.

Jomp

The sim works in my old phone but the old phone lot is totally dead on my iPhone 6 or seven whatever it is it runs out like right away and they tell you the truth I found this iPhone 12 and about three months later I got it open to my Mac, so it looks like the cloud was turned off and everything I couldn’t open it before so I left it open so maybe the person would contact me but they never did 

treefrog

@Jomp 

How new? Any phone made after 2018 should be unlocked. Is it a Samsung phone? You can call or chat online with them to get it unlocked 

Do you have another phone to try the sim in? Or friends?

Did you buy the phone used? Have a look at devicecheck.ca to rule that out.

Did you lose your previous sim like maybe along with the phone as to why you changed it?

Jomp

All good the process worked but I guess my newer phone is locked or something just keeps showing sos no public mobile or n the screen ok thanks I’ll try and bring the phone some place to see what’s going on thx folks! Always great help from y’all😘😘✌🏾❤️🎸🎸🎸

Jomp

Yes and now there’s no service on my old sim but still not working on my new phone I will reboot and see 

treefrog

@Jomp 

Did you get the verification code and entered it?

So you finally got the number entered? And you refresh the page and it's the new number? Obviously then shut down the phone, swap or insert sim and restart. Hopefully it all works.

Jomp

OK so it looks like it’s stuck. Thanks for the info and the help but it hasn’t changed over will that take some time?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let us know the outcome…👍

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jomp 

Yes…private and incognito are interchangeable. Clear your browser cache first.

treefrog

@Jomp 

What browser are you using? Chrome works best or Microsoft edge. Then use private/secret/incognito mode. (Each browser has their own name for it. )

Hi @Jomp 

@Yes, Private tab on Safar

Jomp

So I can use my computer is what you’re saying right on my laptop

Jomp

So by incognito, you mean private tab right because I don’t see any type of incognito in the public mobile site

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you're on a mobile browser, maybe try desktop mode. Or use a desktop browser. Or different browser.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jomp 

Try again. This time clear your browser cache first and then go incognito. Chrome works well.

Need Help? Let's chat.