Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re RAF 5 x $5 .......... IS IT TRUE?

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM 

@ everyoneelse

That PM does not know the full phone number of the xxx-xxx-9999 numbers that show in your rewards referral list?

That the reward stops if your friend changes their phone number?

When a phone number is changed the referral does not remain attached to the new number? 

To help resolve the issue of their failure to pay from the get go, the first $5 that I have to supply my fiends PIN number? 

So if the $5 x 5 reward is screwed up by PM....it’s a hassle x 5. And no one has the ability to fix it vs  dealing with CSA’s that are not all on the same page? And every inquiry gets more hurdles up to jump through. I did my part right as did my friend.....now I get treated poorly!

13 REPLIES 13

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I haven't referred anyone on these promos.😞

@darlicious maybe they given out the $5 already??

. You should have had a payment on Oct 7 2022. 

barrascuk

@esjliv 

I agree. I am retired so I have time to go after it. It's not the money, its the principal of it all. But absolutely not impressed with the assistance to correct it. And I wanted to make sure my friend was taken care of too!! Apparently a number of us did not get it as per the promo. Now it's onto my third delivery from Costco....using their very very horrible delivery contractor. Property damage and damage goods!!!  Bottom line you have to say what you expect as long as you are reasonable. 

barrascuk

Case closed for now. 

Apparently there are problems with receiving the reward as expected. Contact a CSA if you too have problems. You should have had a payment on Oct 7 2022. 

barrascuk

@darlicious wrote:

@barrascuk 

Fully understandable. I think however the way they have coded these $25 referral credits is buggy and glitchy and just plain old stupid.

And whose problem is that? And who should know about it and be prepared to fix the glitches?? And be transparent to the customer. 

That is a ridiculous request by the customer support agent. They can identify the other user just with the last four digits of the phone number which since it is still kind of new I would assume you know the last four digits since they've changed phone numbers?

Yes and I provided that old by full phone number and changed number by last 4 digits and later by full number. But are saying the link from old # to new # is not there of which I would say is hard to believe. Looks like, as you say, the first of the 5 x $5 for both of us happening systematically did not happen and still wasn't fixed with human intervention either. 

As far as the CSA who interrupted I would tell him to go away and read the policy handbook that is a ridiculous ask as it's a serious privacy issue.

I might say more than that!!

I was asked something similar back in June with my RAF problem and I rebuked them for asking me even though I had already supplied all the information I had because I managed the account.

Did you have a referral from the latest promotion that ended on September 30th? Did you receive that credit of $5 yet?

No this is from the one that ended on Sep 2. I missed out on the sept 30 one. 

Edit:

I have got to get off my phone and set up my tablet I make so many mistakes with mobile it's so limiting!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Did public mobile add the $5 referral credit yesterday for the latest promotion that ended on September 30th? Since I've been beating around the bush on this and I haven't seen anyone else say they have received it yet?

barrascuk

@computergeek541 wrote:

You should not be asking for your friend's PIN number,
Exactly...I am not that crass to do so. 🙂
nor should the CSA be asking for your friend's PIN number or phone number.
Exactly....just a fake hurdle so he/she (CSA) doesn't have to research properly and get it fixed. In the old days it would be called giving me the "run around". 🙂
All you are required to know is your friend's referral code.
I supplied the referral code and have given to the CSA along with original number and new number. 
There are times when you are not supposed to know your "friend's" phone number (unless that person shares it with you) such as the person being a classmate or co-worker. 
Right, another run around from CSA. 
Futhermore, when a referral is missing from the reward list, it's the referred person who needs to contact Public Mobile.
Yes....but this is the 5 x $25 that both parties receive. And both of us are getting a run around. 
Also it makes no difference if you or your referral changes the phone number.
According to the CSA that is what caused the problem. But I think it was screwed up from the get go and the number change has nothing to do with it. 
Assuming that the referred customer (your friend's number) is in your referral list, my suggestion is to allow the current ticket to close and then to open a new ticket.  Otherwise, your friend first needs to contact Public Mobile to get the actual referral issued fixed first. Then, the credits can be worked on after that.

I have asked the CSA to let me know what the friend has to do, exactly. 

The CSA says that I will continue to receive as I just did.....but my first one was Oct 7 and I had to ASK for it, it was NOT automatic. So CSA is blowing smoke up my....  

@computergeek541 Have you thought of becoming a CSA???  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barrascuk 

Fully understandable. I think however the way they have coded these $25 referral credits is buggy and glitchy and just plain old stupid.

That is a ridiculous request by the customer support agent. They can identify the other user just with the last four digits of the phone number which since it is still kind of new I would assume you know the last four digits since they've changed phone numbers?

As far as the CSA who interrupted I would tell him to go away and read the policy handbook that is a ridiculous ask as it's a serious privacy issue. I was asked something similar back in June with my RAF problem and I rebuked them for asking me even though I had already supplied all the information I had because I managed the account.

Did you have a referral from the latest promotion that ended on September 30th? Did you receive that credit of $5 yet?

Edit:

I have got to get off my phone and set up my tablet I make so many mistakes with mobile it's so limiting!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The back and forths with CSA's are ridiculous sometimes @barrascuk .  Some are also very good, on the other hand.

Seems this self-managed company means you must self-manage these things (if you don't get them you need to explain and complain); not suggesting you should be doing that of course. These does seem to be system flaws in those points you are bringing up.

It is too bad, because someone who may not be as attentive to their account will lose out on something that should be rightfully awarded to them.

@barrascuk wrote:

Did not get the first $5. 

Conversed with CSA and said was fixed and might get on my renewal.

Did not happen

Conversed with CSA and fixed it (codes were set up), supposedly but due to Terms of Service would not receive until Oct 7 and I asked if would be automatic on Oct 7 and there after for me and friend. And confirm yes that will happen.

NOPE!!

Had to converse with CSA again and was given and manual adjustment of $5

Then asked if friend would too....was told that I need to give his new number.

But was waiting for the number and another CSA intervened and tells me they need his new number and his PIN number. 

You should not be asking for your friend's PIN number, nor should the CSA be asking for your friend's PIN number or phone number.  All you are required to know is your friend's referral code. There are times when you are not supposed to know your "friend's" phone number (unless that person shares it with you) such as the person being a classmate or co-worker.  Futhermore, when a referral is missing from the reward list, it's the referred person who needs to contact Public Mobile.  Also it makes no difference if you or your referral changes the phone number.  Assuming that the referred customer (your friend's number) is in your referral list, my suggestion is to allow the current ticket to close and then to open a new ticket.  Otherwise, your friend first needs to contact Public Mobile to get the actual referral issued fixed first. Then, the credits can be worked on after that.

barrascuk

NO, not rambling. 

Did not get the first $5. 

Conversed with CSA and said was fixed and might get on my renewal.

Did not happen

Conversed with CSA and fixed it (codes were set up), supposedly but due to Terms of Service would not receive until Oct 7 and I asked if would be automatic on Oct 7 and there after for me and friend. And confirm yes that will happen.

NOPE!!

Had to converse with CSA again and was given and manual adjustment of $5

Then asked if friend would too....was told that I need to give his new number.

But was waiting for the number and another CSA intervened and tells me they need his new number and his PIN number. 

Like holy crap road block after commitments after more roadblocks!!! Not a happy camper. At this point I could care less but I want my friend taken care of. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barrascuk 

Ok you are rambling a little....yes pm can see the full phone numbers on your referral list in your $$ rewards account.

So what is the issue here you did not get the first $5 of the latest $25 referral credit promotion or are we talking a previous one?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@barrascuk , I recall some issues with tracking numbers for referral rewards back in the day.  I think it was resolved.  So the bug is making a comeback?

Need Help? Let's chat.