cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Neecole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I recently had to get a new phone as my old one was water damaged.  I bought a used phone and it was supposedly unlocked but I was unable to transfer my SIM card.  When I checked on the phone, it says the carrier is Public Mobile but that the SIM is locked.  It's a Public Mobile SIM card.  Anyone know how to get this working?  When I put the SIM card in it says it's not supported.  Thanks for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Neecole 

a Q, do you can tried your SIM in other device is it working? i don't think so it's will be working right.

if was water damaged.and also the SIM card damaged to.... you need to buy it new SIM card.

HI @Neecole   Yes, iPhone is even hard, usually only carrier can unlock it

Unlike Android, there are more ways to unlock an Android phone 

🙂

Neecole

Thanks everyone.  It's an Iphone.  I will contact the seller again to see if they can unlock again.  Now I know why I got such a good deal!!  🙂 Ha!

Hi @Neecole  The seller needs to contact Rogers to have it unlocked.  Only the original provider can assist, not something PM can help.  I hope to seller is an honest person and will go through that for you.  Explain to him that even it was unlocked before, some weird situation, it can go back to lock again, it happens

And, what kind of phone is that?  iPhone or Android?

Neecole

I did, but they thought it was unlocked.  When I said it wasn't, they said that they bought it through Rogers (even though the carrier on the phone say PM).  So i am not sure who to go through to unlock.

@Neecole   Sorry, I meant to say the carrier your used phone was purchased from.  Are you able to call the person who sold you the phone and get them to get the unlock code for you?

edit:  @Neecole   you may also want to check that it's not been blacklisted by entering the IMEI # at DeviceCheck.ca

Neecole

Thanks.  It's an Iphone and the carrier is Public Mobile so I thought t would work.  Do you know how I can contact Public Mobile to get it unlocked?  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Neecole    Sounds like your "new" used phone is locked.  You'll need to contact the person/carrier is was with originally and get the unlock code.  If it's a Samsung phone, you might be able to get the unlock code by calling their customer service support line.

Need Help? Let's chat.