cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card transfer,different company,same number-update

Adela7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I completed the SIM card conversion from fido to public mobile by repeating the process online.

But there is a new problem. I received a message from public mobile saying that I did not reply to their confirmation about transfer, but in fact I did not receive any information before that.

I replied "1" according to the message prompt, hoping to receive their re-sent confirmation message, but they did not send it to me again.

I have been calling back the service number on the text message, but no one answered. I don't know whether it is because of working hours. I will try again on Monday with the Eastern time.

Hope it works out soon, because right now it's weird that fido and public mobile are serving my same phone number at the same time.

Yes, same time, same number.

4 REPLIES 4

Adela7

Hey, many thanks.I called that number but nobody answered. I'll call them on Monday morning.

Thank you very much. 

Adela7

Many thanks,I'll try this. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Adela7 

You can also reinitiate the port by clicking here to reinitiate a Port request.

Then make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Adela7  you had another post yesterday

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/SIM-card-transfer/td-p/960360

I have message you the number to call PM porting support team, did you call them?

If there is still issue, call them again in the morning.  Ask them for update and ask them to retrigger the porting process if needed.  Then make sure you have your Fido sim card in a phone.  Fido will send you a text to your Fido sim card and you just need to reply that within 90 mins

Need Help? Let's chat.