cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card problems after activation

Hadassahgrace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 

I just got a sim card today for my first time. My iPhone 6s is unlocked and it still works good.

I just got the SIM card just over 2 hours ago and got it activated at the store however, I got home and no matter what I try nothing will work. My phone just keeps saying no service. I’ve powered my phone off and waited a few minutes and then put the SIM card in. I’ve reset things, turned airplane mode on and off but nothing will work.
If anyone knows how to help please let me know. 
thank you. 

13 REPLIES 13

Sab33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've same problem

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hadassahgrace 

Once customer support provisions your sim card you can create your self serve account as you will be able to recieve the 6 digit alphanumeric via text message from 611.

You will also need to connect to the internet via wifi to check for updates then connect via iTunes update your carrier profile so that your data works. Turn on your SMS/MMS messaging so you don't need to use iMessage and use unnecessary mobile data. Turn off wifi assist if its enabled.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hadassahgrace 

after 48 hours not getting reply send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

Hadassahgrace

Okay cool! 
Thank you so much 

Hadassahgrace

It’s a new number 

Hadassahgrace

Hey,

yes that is correct. I’ve had other SIM cards in it and it’s been good. I had to pay the store for the plan and the SIM card. 

@Hadassahgrace wrote:

Hello,

yes I have tried it in another device and it hasn’t worked. I sent a ticket out to PM. 

I think it is SIM provisioning issue, it is a VERY common problem this week.

But as I said, they can fix this quickly after they pick up the ticket.  So, just monitor your Community inbox for their reply

Hadassahgrace

Yea I have tried that but I can’t get the verification code. 

Hadassahgrace

Hello,

yes I have tried it in another device and it hasn’t worked. I sent a ticket out to PM. 

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Hadassahgrace 

you getting new number or transfer old number to PM,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hadassahgrace wrote:

Hey, 

I just got a sim card today for my first time. My iPhone 6s is unlocked and it still works good.

I just got the SIM card just over 2 hours ago and got it activated at the store however, I got home and no matter what I try nothing will work. My phone just keeps saying no service. I’ve powered my phone off and waited a few minutes and then put the SIM card in. I’ve reset things, turned airplane mode on and off but nothing will work.
If anyone knows how to help please let me know. 
thank you. 

@Hadassahgrace  - you said the iphone 6s works good, meaning, other SIM card work in it? IS that right?

Were you charged for the activation?

Can you check:

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Hadassahgrace 

If you activated in-store, try setting up a self-serve account to ensure it's displaying as an ACTIVE service.

Click ➡️  create a self-serve account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hadassahgrace   Did you try putting your SIM in another phone and see if you got the same result?  Possibly just a SIM provisioning issue.  (Unfortunately, this is a common activation this week 😞  ) 

No worry, it is an easy fix on PM side, just open a ticket with PM Support, once they got the ticket, they can fix it quickly:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours) and you have access to your Self-Serve My Account, Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or if you don't have access to Self-Serve My Account, you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.