cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Ayodee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I recently put my SIM card in a new phone , but it’s not working. I went other settings and it says “phone not allowed”? Anyone know what the problem might be pls? 

6 REPLIES 6

dmobaaa

If you see the message "phone not allowed" on your new phone after inserting your SIM card, it's likely that your new phone is locked to a specific carrier, and your SIM card is not compatible with that carrier.

To resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Contact your carrier: Reach out to your mobile carrier and confirm that your SIM card is compatible with your new phone. They can also verify whether your new phone is locked to their network.

2. Check for updates: Ensure that your phone software is up to date, as sometimes updates can fix compatibility issues.

3. Check your phone settings: In some cases, the "phone not allowed" message can be resolved by going to your phone settings and manually selecting your carrier network.

4. Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue with your new phone or your SIM card. Contact your carrier or phone manufacturer for further assistance.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your new phone!

CainGarcia

Have you already looked at possible errors on the Internet? I think that the problem may be hiding in the software of your phone, it simply stopped accepting the SIM card due to the fact that the settings went wrong or the software was written incorrectly.
Try looking bug report example https://qawerk.com/blog/how-to-write-a-good-bug-report-best-practices/ something here. There are many good variations of different bugs, and one of them might be your case. After that, it will be easier to find a solution to this problem.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Can you confirm SIM is working as expected putting it into another phone?

Your phone might be blacklisted or locked.

Where and when did you get your phone from?

Did your phone Ever worked with any SIM?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ayodee wrote:

Hi, 

I recently put my SIM card in a new phone , but it’s not working. I went other settings and it says “phone not allowed”? Anyone know what the problem might be pls? 

@Ayodee - is this a new activation or a SIM card that has been activated for a while now with working services on a previous phone?

Could the the phone be locked? Contact the previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ayodee  Can you try the SIM card in another device to see if services work and then find a known to work SIM card in your current device to rule out weather it’s the SIM card or your phone ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ayodee 

Did you acquire the replacement device new or used from an unknown source?

Perhaps the device is locked to another carrier or it may be blacklisted.

Check here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.