cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not wokring

Grawlins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’m trying to get my mom‘s cell phone set up with public. We created the account got the Sim card in and she can’t receive calls. I have followed the instructions they’ve seen in the community boards and unfortunately the Sim card got dropped underneath my deck, and we cannot retrieve it. Once I have a replacement Sim card, how do I go about attaching it to her existing account? Also, how do I get them to refresh the port so that the phone is working properly?

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Grawlins 

For porting issue, since you are not receiving calls, that likely mean you have not replied YES to a text from the previous provider.

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

For the replacement sim card.  Get it from a local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store or get it from Amazon.ca.
Once you have the sim card, login My Account first.  Please note the My Account login will first try to send the 2FA code to the PM sim, which you won't receive.  Click Resend code and then you can change to receive the code via email:

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

When you are in My Account, go to Profile page, click the Pencil (Edit) beside "Sim card" and you can enter the new sim card number there

Need Help? Let's chat.