cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not recognized by phone

gengfei1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have activated my sim card with a phone number. But neither my phones can recognize this sim card. What is the cause ? Both my phones are unlocked.

16 REPLIES 16

In terms of having a true Self-Serve system.. I still love the La Presse quote:

"If you pay less for a service, we're not going to invest as much in the system. We are not going to put millions in there when we have customers who pay $5, $10 or $15 a month and it is not profitable. "

On the other hand, I do believe Simjacked was reduced.. I remember it was crazy around Jan or Feb..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : We can hope that this place can offer all the fully self-serve options possible. If they want a self-serve driven system then make it so. Like change email address, check/change SIM, renew early, buy roaming add-ons immediately after 240 hours is up, don't allow the stacking of talk or text roaming add-ons, a button to push APN settings to phones, check payment card details and edit as needed rather than fully re-doing.

etc

Edit: Oh...and put all the add-ons in the 611 and have the usage report plan counters and total add-on counters.

SIM-jacks _appear_ to have been much reduced. But we don't know for sure. Nobody reports back saying that that's what the mods did to fix things. I guess the mods aren't saying.

True, I think taking away self sim swap on Self-Serve is enough.  They should leave the last 4 digit there for easy checking ourselves.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Log on to your account. See if the last numbers of SIM on your MY account match your SIM number on your SIM card. Go into SIM swap just to find the digits. 

@LurganIeUk  Without looking...did they re-instate that function? It's been a while since they removed it.

You would be correct, not there. 

I would be incorrect in suggesting. 

BUT since I do over see my MIL's prepaid account at Telus...it gives no option to change BUT does give in Device Summary the last 4 digits of SIM and IMEI number. No doubt in my mind that if Telus has a policy change then so does PM. Toooooo bad PM took it ALL away with out leaving a self check alternative to trouble shoot SIM card information...especially if you have been SIM  JACKED. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Log on to your account. See if the last numbers of SIM on your MY account match your SIM number on your SIM card. Go into SIM swap just to find the digits. 

@LurganIeUk  Without looking...did they re-instate that function? It's been a while since they removed it.

@LurganIeUk - you made look.

@Anonymous - I could not see that the digits were showing.

@kiki4 

Care to share?

kiki4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problem solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kiki4 : The phone appears to be compatible. That compatible list goes on to say what to look for. This phone has it. Can you change the network to 3G.

Edit: page 25 of the users manual shows a setting for 4G. What other options are under there? Then turn off the enhanced 4G setting.

kiki4

How do I contact moderator?

kiki4

I was told by Public that mynew phone would be compatible with Public. Phone is Tianhoo EOS 4g But cannot connect to network. Please advis if phone is in fact compatible. It is not on current compatible phone list.

@gengfei1983 

It sounds like your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. The moderators can reprovision the sim card for you. If not there is a small possibility that the sim card is a dud and you will have to purchase a new sim card and have the moderators swap sim cards in your account. Save your reciept so the moderators can apply a credit to your account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@gengfei1983  Is this a new activation? Did you confirm PM charged your credit card and you got an welcome email?

Try reboot your phone again.  Activation is usually instant but it could be delays in some odd days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check the status. Try removing it and wipe it with a cloth and reinstalling the sim.  Also try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.