cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card failure

Lstecyk1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone says SIM card failure, turned it on and off , worked for a bit and then same problem. What do I do? 

4 REPLIES 4

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Lstecyk1 

could be lose fitted in cellphone. Try shutting down the phone, remove sim...reinstall sim snuggly...restart cell.

added...

Plan B is to try your sim in a different cellphone to see if it works.

If the phone and SIM card have been designed and manufactured properly, there isn't any way to make a SIM card fit more snugly other than using modifications that weren't approved by the device maker.  SIM card slots does have tightness adjustments, and it's been a very long time that I've seen any phones with the old style SIM card slots that uses clamping mechanism to hold down the SIM card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lstecyk1 , SIM cards are extremely robust.  I would venture a guess that there is something wrong with the phone.  Try the SIM in a different phone.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lstecyk1 

could be lose fitted in cellphone. Try shutting down the phone, remove sim...reinstall sim snuggly...restart cell.

added...

Plan B is to try your sim in a different cellphone to see if it works.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lstecyk1 try removing the SIM card and shutdown your phone. Wait 10 minutes and then reinsert the SIM card and turn it back on. If this does not help you could try the SIM card in another phone to see if the issue is with the SIM or your phone. Failing all this you could reach out to a CS_agent by opening a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

They may suggest you getting a new SIM card if they cannot get your existing one to work

Need Help? Let's chat.