Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card and eSIM card

Diva281
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in process to change my phone.

Here what i think it’ll happen.  Pledge correct me if I’m wrong.  If I have:

— iPhone 13 / I transfer my old SIM card and everything will stay the same as my phone number, payment account and the plan.

—iPhone 15 / I need to buy an eSIM card and will have a new phone number but I’ll keep the same account and the same plan.

So if I got the things right, how do I proceed ? 
Thanks in advance,

D🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Diva281
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Phil, I didn’t know that.👍 Really appreciate.🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Diva281 you dont need to change number if you rather keep your own

To buy eSIM on your nee phone , first, download the app on your new iPhone. Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM. 

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $ and Install.  And follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Diva281  Unless you are getting an iPhone 15 from the USA instead of Canada, it takes a physical sim too, an esim is not mandatory for the Canadian version, only the American one.

@Diva281 wrote:

I’m in process to change my phone.

Here what i think it’ll happen.  Pledge correct me if I’m wrong.  If I have:

— iPhone 13 / I transfer my old SIM card and everything will stay the same as my phone number, payment account and the plan.

—iPhone 15 / I need to buy an eSIM card and will have a new phone number but I’ll keep the same account and the same plan.

Changing SIM cards on your account doesn't change anything other than the SIM card being used, and in the case of an eSIM, the device being used.

Need Help? Let's chat.