cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card 20 digits not 19 digits

Lucky4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to transfer from Videotron a 20 digit SIM card. But PB uses 19 digits.

any solution ??       If not can If I  buy a new SIM card from PB, will I be able to use my existing phone number ??     If yes is this something I can manage myself online ?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@Lucky4 wrote:

I’m ok buying a new PM card, but will I be able during set up to keep my existing

phone number ?.

Based on the infromation provided so far in this message thread, nobody here would be able to say for sure if you can keep your existing phone number.  Any statements already presented here about that are only gueses.  There are numbers that can't be transferred to Public Mobile.  While that's probably not the case here, phone numbers from some specific municipalities cannot be transferred to Public Mobile because of number portability rules that state that both the old carrier and new carrier have to offer phone numbers for that same city. 

HI @Lucky4 

yes, you should be able to port your number, but check it here to confirm (Koodo site but PM and Koodo are both owned by Telus)

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

if it can be ported, when you sign up, please use the PM app.  The phone number porting step is After the payment step.  You can enter your Videotron account number (don't use IMEI) and phone number to request porting

yes, you can keep your current number

but the PM sim card from Amazon.ca for just $5 or you can buy from Telus or Koodo store (make sure to ask for a PM sim card) for $10 

@Lucky4  Yes you will have option to transfer number once you make payment . And remember to use old providers account number and ignore using the IMEI it’s not needed and often causes hiccups 

adding and when you do transfer  the number leave old providers sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port number to PM @Lucky4 

Lucky4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m ok buying a new PM card, but will I be able during set up to keep my existing

phone number ?.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lucky4  If you wish to join PM you need to have a new PM SIM card . And you need the app to activate . Also when it’s time to input the SIM card number there should be option to use your phone camera to input that number to make things easier 

Need Help? Let's chat.