cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation issues to keep the same number

Henripaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am trying to activate a new SIM card after losing my phone and it gives me an error that my number is not a valid Canadian phone number.

Please help

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Henripaul    I hope you stopped before you got to the payment page, otherwise you may have created a whole new Public Mobile account with another number.

You might want to ask the Customer Support Agents if they might help you associate your replacement SIM with your existing account/number.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

You just need to go into your self serve and go to Change SIM card.  You do not need to activate a new SIM and try to "port" your number to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Henripaul 

Do not activate a new SIM card.  Switch your SIM card number via your self service account. 

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

(scroll down to the section on SIM card changing)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Henripaul 

sim.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.