cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers/Shaw telling me they will cancel my number even though I already ported it to Public

ChaosKavi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On Sunday I jumped on the 40GB $34 deal, grabbed a sim from. Telus store and signed up and installed the app. After 30 minutes it appears the port worked. I setup voicemail and everything seemed great. For context I also did this with another number from Rogers on Friday and that also ported without issue and is working.

Since Rogers created temp numbers I contacted Shaw to confirm what numbers still exist with them as I have 4 total. I decided to cancel the other 2 but they said if they cancel the one I ported on Sunday it would cancel the number and I'd lose it even if it was on Public. The number I ported a few days before had already disappeared from my Rogers account. 

Now I have a mess of Rogers and Shaw lines and I don't want any of them but they are making it difficult to cancel. They told me to call Public Mobile but I can't find a number anywhere for them. 

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Not to worry, with just a little more leg work, we can get this fixed. I will message you a number to direct call privately.  Look out for my message in your inbox. 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @ChaosKavi,

That's a really strange situation. It seems like the port was incomplete since the numbers with your other providers should normally cancel automatically when you port over to Public Mobile. It's good that you double checked to see if they were still active. 

I would suggest submitting a ticket to Public Mobile with as much information as possible. IE: Account numbers, phone numbers, associated cellphone companies, dates, etc. They will look into the matter further to help resolve it. 

Here is the link to submit a ticket:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will respond to you in you community inbox to check it from time to time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours. Let us know if there is anything else we could help with.

Need Help? Let's chat.