cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming issues.

DPhares
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

can someone help me to understand why I activated a roaming last night and they took money in my account and the plan is not working so now I reactivated another roaming to use my phone in US . Can someone help me to get my money back please. Thanks in advance for your help. 
sincerly, 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DPhares 

At least you have a sense of humor about this. But this issue started when you only had one roaming add on and it seemed to fix itself and then reoccur again after you added the second roaming add-on. So even though there's this known glitch with talk that exists that's not the normal behavior of this talk glitch. And you wouldn't normally get the message about your plan not having service. Seeing as many people are reporting issues with connecting to AT&t and you don't get any voice services with AT&t so you must be on the T-Mobile network.

I have a feeling your issues stem from your account maybe a provisioning issue.

I could go through some possible provisioning troubleshooting tips but seeing as you have two conflicting US Roaming add ons that have a talk feature you have to contact customer support anyways to get at least one removed so you might as well just let them sort it out but make sure you describe to them exactly what was going on before you added the second US Roaming add on. I don't want customer support to think that the only issue you have is the conflicting talk features with the two add-ons because your initial issue needs to be taken care of which I think is provisioning of your sim card.

Now that I think about it that's most likely what it is you need the customer support to do is remove both US roaming add-ons and then reset your account and reprovision your sim card. Then have them add back whatever your original US Roaming add-on was whether it's the $20 US Roaming bundle or talk and text whatever it is and make sure the CSA takes time to test all of your services with you to make sure they work correctly and you don't get that message again.

Have them keep your ticket open in case you have any further issues and you may want to briefly reply to their last message before 48 hours passes which would automatically close your ticket by replying you can just give them an update and ask them again to keep your ticket open for another 48 hours so if you do have a problem you're keeping your ticket open and there's an easy reference to the problems you had previously.They will credit your account for the other US roaming add on that they removed and didn:t add back in.

I think you temporarily fixed your problem by using one of the troubleshooting tips for provisioning of the SIM card on the user end (which is a $1 Top-Up manual payment.) Unbeknownst to you when you purchased a second add on it did temporarily reprovision your sim card and got your services working again but that proved to be only a temporary fix which means your account and SIM card needs reprovisioning on the back end by customer support. If you find this issue starts happening again in a few days you will need to contact customer support again to do the same thing.... reprovision your sim card and reset your account. But that may also mean your sim card may be on the way out so I would suggest that you order a new SIM card or if you have to get customer support to do this again ask them if they'll send you a free one because you want to have one handy if your SIM card does eventually fail in the future.

@DPhares   so, you got 2 roaming add-ons and they both have talk?  2 roaming with voice will conflict with each other

And which US city you are at?  you can connect to T-Mobile?

If you really have 2 roaming with Talk, open ticket with PM Support and get that sorted out, they will likely remove one and put the fund back to your account

To open ticket with PM support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

DPhares
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, 

Just let y know that I activated an add-ons and didn’t work at all And every time I tried to make a call PM said that I don’t any plan to make call and  did another plan reboot my phone and it works for only that day so until now I’m able to use my plan call can’t come and I cannot call out . This is a roaming special 😂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DPhares 

Can you tell us the two US Roaming add ONS you purchased? If they both have a talk component then your problem has been compounded with a glitch causing calls to drop within a minute or two. 

This post gives a good description on how your US roaming add-ons work, coverage maps and other details that will be helpful in allowing you to get proper use of your 10-day US roaming add-on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Bit-ly-s-to-open-ticket-directly/td-p/866...

As mentioned previously contact customer support to ask for the removal of any conflicting add-ons and a credit to your account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DPhares " Reactivate another roaming "??  you bought another roaming addon?  or you meant something else?

did you get voice roaming?  or data??  t

Which US city you are now at?  Try to manually connect to T-Mobile and see if you can

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@DPhares Hi did try manually connecting to t mobile to their 2g network? If that still doesn’t help try for a refund here, you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@DPhares 

Manually select network T-mobile, and rebooting device.

and don't buy it other one will be not working and you need to contact  support team by private message CS_Agent  to remove it.

Need Help? Let's chat.