cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the US

brmel11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently subscribed to a public mobile 3G plan and later in the year will be travelling to the US. I understand that in the US they are shutting down 3G networks. So in order to roam with public mobile in the states, before I go will I have to subscribe to a 4 or 5G network here and then get a roaming add on for it?

5 REPLIES 5

@brmel11 

with iPhone 13, you should have no problems with talk / text or data whilst in US. Just make sure to purchase desired 15 Day US Roaming add-on just before going to US. If going for more than 15 days, you'll have to wait until current add-on expires plus 24 hours, to get same add-on.

brmel11

Thanks for this.  I am currently using an iPhone 13.

brmel11

Thanks very much for your feedback.  I am currently using an iPhone 13.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@brmel11 

to ensure best talk experience...check that your phone is volte turned on. Without volte, you'll be stuck using 2G for calls in US. Let us know what kinda phone you using and we can make further suggestion.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @brmel11 you don't have to change plan, you 3G plan with PM is a 3G speed plan. it does not restrict you to use only the 3G network, you can use 4G and 5G network but just the speed is capped atow speed of 3Mbps.

So, you can get roaming and access the 4G network in US no problem.  Just make sure your  access the T-Mobile or AT&T network while you are in US

Need Help? Let's chat.