cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data stopped working

andmalc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A family member has been in the US for nine days.  He has the US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) and the US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) add ons which will expire tomorrow. 

This morning his data stopped working though he can still make phone calls.  The data indicator at the top of his Android phone is greyed out.  He has rebooted the phone.  

I think I need a moderator to see if the data plan has expired one day early even though it still shows on the account.

3 REPLIES 3

andmalc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to both of you.  He had 500MB which should have been plenty for checking email and light browsing which he thinks he was doing but I'll have him check his data usage in Settings.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@andmalc wrote:

A family member has been in the US for nine days.  He has the US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) and the US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) add ons which will expire tomorrow. 

This morning his data stopped working though he can still make phone calls.  The data indicator at the top of his Android phone is greyed out.  He has rebooted the phone.  

I think I need a moderator to see if the data plan has expired one day early even though it still shows on the account.

The data portion of the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on is limited, in this case to 500MB's. If it stopped working but talk is still working...I think it's a safe bet that he's used up the 500MB's of data already.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@andmalc wrote:

He should make sure he hasn't already used up all the data that was available to him.

Need Help? Let's chat.