cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Not Working/Unable To Connect To Service

MichaelRecycle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

Despite purchasing a roaming add-on my service stopped working as soon as I crossed the border into the US. My phone can see networks, but not connect. I am unable to submit a ticket, as when I follow the link provided by the chat bot I receive error codes. I have cleared my cache/cookies/refreshed etc... Nothing helped.

Please advise.

Thanx

13 REPLIES 13

Alaska does not have T Mobile coverage, so you're out of luck unfortunately. You'll need to get a local sim. I'd recommend an e-sim that you can download and setup on wifi. Just make sure the provider doesn't rely on T Mobile solely. 

@MichaelRecycle  Sorry PM won’t work in Alaska even with US roaming , best to ask support for a credit 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

MichaelRecycle

Volte activated?

I'm in Fairbanks Alaska. Drove up along the Alaska highway. Sounds like I'm up **bleep** creek.

Thanx, four your input.

MichaelRecycle

Rebooted, thanx.

MichaelRecycle

Data roaming is enabled. I purchased the $15 US Roaming add-on. I'm in Fairbanks Alaska at the moment.

Thanx

MichaelRecycle

Thanx, I will message CS Agent at that link.

Available networks are AT&T, 313100, Verizon and CGI. Phone shows bars, but no 3G, 5G or LTE.

You can only connect to T Mobile, so if it isn't doing that automatically you'll need to do it manually. If no T Mobile service in that area you're out of luck. 

What's the name of the add on your purchased?

MichaelRecycle

1) Logged in and confirmed active.

2) Enabled.

3) All services are not working. Available networks are AT&T, 313100, Verizon and GCI.

Thanx for the reply.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) Are you sure you purchased a US roaming add-on and not US long distance minutes? Did you login to your account to confirm it's there/active?

2) Did you enable data roaming on your phone itself (in network settings)?

3) Are all services not working? Or just calls? SMS? Data?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRecycle wrote:

@CS_Agent

Despite purchasing a roaming add-on my service stopped working as soon as I crossed the border into the US. My phone can see networks, but not connect. I am unable to submit a ticket, as when I follow the link provided by the chat bot I receive error codes. I have cleared my cache/cookies/refreshed etc... Nothing helped.

Please advise.

Thanx

@MichaelRecycle , there seems to be issues with the chatbot recently!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit: on your phone is your roaming turned on? Are you connected to the T-Mobile network? Is your phone set to 5G, LTE or 3G?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MichaelRecycle is data roaming enabled  on your device?

Which ad on did you purchase?  Where in the US are you?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRecycle  And be sure to reboot the phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelRecycle 

make sure to connect to only T-Mobile...others don't work.

Is your phone volte activated yet ?

added...

which border crossing ? You may hafta get closer to a larger community for it to work.

If you're in Alaska...PM add-on simply won't work there.

Need Help? Let's chat.